Finished fourth. Scores were 76-77-77. Couldn't shake the bad shots and I really only made 2-3 mistakes per round. Which cost me at least 6 shots. I lost by 7...
I was in the final group with the defending champ as well as the guy I beat in the semi finals of the match play. They were both tied heading into day 3 and I was 4 shots back. I couldn't get it done and the defending champ won with a birdie on the 54th hole. That makes it 3 of 4 years for him.
Frustrating because I know that this was probably my last legitimate chance to get my name on that trophy again. With only 6 weeks to go until my life changes forever, I still am on the fence as to what my choice will be with regards to my long term future at the club. After 20 years, maybe it is time to take up public golf. After all, I doubt I will get out much anyway and my focus will be on my family and making sure I can provide them with everything they deserve.
While being a member of a private club has some serious privledges I can't help but think that the cost is just too great to justify staying while the kids are so young and playing sports of their own. My first strategy will be to take a leave of absence starting in September. However I will only be saving 75% a month and won't even be allowed to play the course without paying a green fee.
I'll end it here as this post is getting a bit annoying to type as it is all I think about these days when I don't have twins on my mind.
3.8.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment