16.7.11

My first hole in one?

This is not about me getting a hole in one today or anytime recently. It`s more about me wondering if I WILL EVER get a hole in one at some point in my lifetime. Family, work, the odd baseball game, tv show or hot date... time for golf seems to have vanished (along with blogging, playing poker, sleeping in, having weekends off etc).

I`ve played a few rounds this year but nothing serious and usually in large groups with beers. There`s been a couple of close calls but the bottom line is I am not playing as much as II used to. Watching the Open Championship and seeing Tom Watson get a hole in one got me to wondering... will I ever get?

4 comments:

Josie said...

When the girls are 10 yrs old, you'll start finding time for golf. Patience!

Bayne_S said...

The answer to your question is NO

Anonymous said...

A "hole in one", unlike poker, is more luck than skill. If it were skill more than luck, with the amount of golf that Pros play, most of them would have at least one or two each, but I don't think that's the case.

Funny story, a friend got a "hole in three", his first shot off the tee went OB. His 3rd went in the hole. He topped it, it rolled down the par 3 fairway onto the green and into the hole! Hilarious...

BamBam said...

I now have three......
in 3 Provinces....
AND counting Birthday Boy!

Hope this finds you and the Schaubettes doing just fine.