21.8.07

Baseball tournament win, Fantasy Football de-stress

First off, we won the tournament we played over the weekend. We came back from 4 runs down in the bottom of the 7th to win by one and advance to the finals. We then went on to crush the team we lost to in the early part of the tournament. BBQ, Beers and an all around great time was had by all. I didn't have my best outting, but our team was very deep and everyone stepped up at one point or another. The biggest being Thorndog hitting a 3 run shot to get us within one in that semi-final game. Good stuff.

No poker to report, I've got to save my money and be wise so I can pay for my FF pool.

Here is probably the best news of the day:

08/21/07 01:38 PM
THE NEWS
The Chiefs and running back Larry Johnson agreed to a contract extension on Tuesday, and the Pro Bowler joined the team for part of their practice session, the Kansas City Star reports. ESPN.com is saying that it is a five-year extension worth $45 million that will keep Johnson in Kansas City through 2012.
----

I've got this guy in a keeper league that I have been in for 3 years now. I've been pretty nervouse about LJ's holdout issues as he is a guy that has been on my team from the get go. It will be tough for him to maintain his top 3 status again this year (Tomlinson and Jackson) but hopefully the offensive line can step it up and provide him the protection to take me to the promise land.

Missed the Math last night (by choice) and watched a Marky Mark movie called "shooter" and it was actually... ok.

I might pop into the Mookie tomorrow night so maybe I will see you there.

1 comment:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Yeah, in one of my leagues, I got LJ in round 6. No brainer keeper but I'm hating the o-line and the lack of offense situation for LJ. I don't think the whole signing thing mattered. At least to me it didn't. LJ knows the offense and keeping him fresh is better than playing in a few useless preseason games, which he probably wouldn't have played in anyways regardless of the contract situation.