16.8.07

Low limit loser

I tried my best, but it is just so easy to fire up Full Tilt on a whim. I really thought I was on to something after winning a couple of buyins 2 days ago at a 6 max table. I dropped limits because of my recent BR tilt. It's a bit embarassing even, but whatever, you gotta deal with what you've got, or reload right. I thought I could pull off a second consecutive winning session last night... of course the donkey's we're in full force and I eventually got the raw end of a gut shot ghey draw.

Maybe I'm the donkey who just doesn't bet enough on the flop... let me know what you think:

Full Tilt Poker Game #3266701373: Table Zola (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:50:06 ET - 2007/08/16
Seat 1: Kathy_Paul ($13.80)
Seat 2: natskei ($34)
Seat 3: YyouCryin ($30.30)
Seat 4: Enfilade ($29.85)
Seat 5: BadugiOrBust ($25.55)
Seat 6: Schaubs ($37.70)
BadugiOrBust posts the small blind of $0.10
Schaubs posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Tc Ac]
Kathy_Paul calls $0.25
natskei folds
YyouCryin calls $0.25
Enfilade calls $0.25
BadugiOrBust folds
Schaubs raises to $1.35
Kathy_Paul calls $1.10
YyouCryin calls $1.10
Enfilade calls $1.10
*** FLOP *** [Ad Qh Th]
Schaubs bets $2.75 <--- EP, I c-bet, but get no respect, who knows...? did I bet enough?
Kathy_Paul folds
YyouCryin calls $2.75
Enfilade has 15 seconds left to act
Enfilade calls $2.75 <--- did he have odds to call here now that YyouCryin called as well?
*** TURN *** [Ad Qh Th] [9c]
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs bets $7.50
YyouCryin folds
Enfilade raises to $25.75, and is all in <--- I really should have just folded here. he obviously hit right?
Schaubs calls $18.25 <---- donk-donk-da-donk-donk-donk...
Enfilade shows [8s Js]
Schaubs shows [Tc Ac]
*** RIVER *** [Ad Qh Th 9c] [5d]
Enfilade shows a straight, Queen high
Schaubs shows two pair, Aces and Tens
Enfilade wins the pot ($62.25) with a straight, Queen high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $65.25 Rake $3
Board: [Ad Qh Th 9c 5d]
Seat 1: Kathy_Paul folded on the Flop
Seat 2: natskei didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: YyouCryin folded on the Turn
Seat 4: Enfilade (button) showed [8s Js] and won ($62.25) with a straight, Queen high
Seat 5: BadugiOrBust (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Schaubs (big blind) showed [Tc Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Tens

3 comments:

jamyhawk said...

That's a tough one. A10, even sooooted, is not a real strong hand pre-flop. 3 callers and no raise should say no AA, KK, AK or QQ is out there (unless slow played).
After the flop, two pair is a good hand, but not great on this scary board.
KJ is a very real possibility, but should have re-raised your c-bet on the flop.
That being said, I probably play it exactly as you did to the turn.
Enf all in on the turn is bizarre. If his hand is made, he value bets, right? So you think flush draw, A9 maybe, or OESD. But this is cash and not a tournament, so I play a lot tighter and put him on KJ, set of 9's, or maybe even AQ and fold. Tight is right.
J8 is just effin ghey.

Of course, in real life, I probably call and hee-haw, just like you did.

Thanks for railing me last night!

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I would check fold the turn unless the bet was real small. Basically, I give up with two callers on the flop cuz there's really nothing out there that you can beat at this point.

Dillo said...

Hey mate. Sure, you probably coulda raised more pre, but you shoulda hammered that flop with the board that came. If you win the hand there, great. I had a similar hand where I flopped trip Kings a while back but then got nailed on the turn by the straight.

Sure, you're a chance to fill up, but I'm happy to get away there. It sux ballz but dat's poker!

Hope you're well!