15.5.08

Back to reality

Vegas. What a place. Every single time I make the trek to Vegas it is an adventure completely unlike the last. No two are the same, and they never will be. That is the best part about there being so much do there. This time I actually spent time doing other things like going to the pool or driving out the desert to play paintball (man those things hurt). Good times, endlessly good times were had by our crew.

Poker was used as a means to get drunk most of the time. Fortunately, I still managed to break even. I played some short handed poker (not on purpose, and of course this is where I lost the most), but most of the time it was full ring. I didn't play a single tournament which was a bit of a shame. But in all honestly, there just wasn't any time. I played at the Wynn on Sunday night and we got completed smashed. Shooters, beers, shooters beers, more shooters. In the 10 hours that we spent at the table I was dealt Aces 4 times. I played them differently every single time and never had to show them once. Although I did once when I was in the BB and got the good ol' walk. Damn it. I booked a $155 win, and got very, very drunk. What a deal I say.

I do regret not getting a chance to sling some chips with Don, or better yet tee it up and play 18. I knew he was at the Venetian all weekend, yet I just didn't have a moment where I could sneak away from the action. I have, however, decided that when I make the trip out there for the December gathering that I will bring the sticks and try to arrange a blogger golf outting one morning. Drinking will be the focal point, no doubt.

Unlimited jokes, a guy with a moustache (free moustache rides), Ghost Bar, Pure (what a club, wow, table service is by far the way to go if you ask me) made for some very late nights. Often guys would not sleep at all, in fact there was even one homey who didn't actually get a wink in the first 48.

Celebs we saw:

Nothing special really, but always fun to see who you can spot.


I didn't play a single table game. Not one. A buddy of mine made me play a few hands for him (drunk) and it didn't go to well. I did see him bet $12 on roulette and hit it right before we went into Pure (Pussy Cat Dolls... average at best). for a nice payout.

The next trip will be even better than the rest as I head out there in about 2 months for a wedding. This will be a first for me, a wedding in Vegas with a HUGE group of people. Mostly non-poker players so I expect it to be another completely different trip again.

I love that place.

Until next time, back to reality.

1 comment:

BamBam said...

Hmmmmmm......

Sticks + Vegas + Schwabbles + drinking = OH - OH !!!!

I better get to checking my calendar I guess.