10.7.08

Post number one ninety nine

I figure why wait with these milestones. My car is about to turn 100K. I filled up on gas on my way home from baseball and it cost me 67.50. That's alot of BB's at my stakes.

HEM is coming along. Often I find that I play my "B" or even "C" game for various reasons that are still a struggle.

All reasons are easily avoidable if I just stick to it. First off, don't try and play above your limits (that being, # of tables & bank roll control). Secondly, don't play after you've drank too much (too loosy goosy... especially during the week, after baseball or golf). Lastly, don't play if you don't have the time to commit (an hour is a good number if I am sober and focused).

I've been reluctant to post any sort of "results" or "stats" since the start of using Holdem Manager only because I've either been supersticious or lazy. Still deciding.

Anyway, sooner or later I will reflect, but I think it is still too early. Playing 300-400 hands in a sitting doesn't seem like that much to me, and it's really all I am willing to handle at this point.

The key is to have patience. Lots. Don't spew off a buyin just because.

Focus, when playing online, focus.

Sit out when the above are not in line. Live, write, read, watch tv, relax, enjoy.

Tonight I decided to sit out. Yay me.

2 comments:

RaisingCayne said...

Prematurely recognizing a milestone! Seems there's a lot of that goin' around.

It has indeed been a depressing feeling to fill up a gas tank lately and pay more than I'm usually willing to spend on an MTT!

Good luck in your endeavor to only play when you're able to bring your 'A' game! Definitely some good points. (Of course if I was to play only within my bankroll limits, and when sober, the volume of my play would go WAY down.)

Matt said...

I feel ya on the B & C game comment. When I'm running well, I tend to get caught up in the streak and lose the focus I need to maintain it. See: recent posts on my blog.

I've actually found myself getting away from HEM a bit recently and just playing poker. The stats are great to have, but I found myself relying on them a bit too much, sometimes ignoring the cards that I have.

And a premature congrats on your soon to be 200th post.

BTW, if you have Yahoo IM, let me know. I'm at Ralphwiggum4pres.