...and I hate them. I'm only posting today so that I can get this crap off my mind and get to work. Honestly, getting stuck for $60 is really not a big deal to me. I knew heading into the game that there was a pretty good chance I would be handing it all over by the end of the night. The Canucks were on PPV and I was really just there for the game and the beers.
I never play cash, in fact I can't even remember the last time I did. So why am I beating myself up over this? Well, the reason I suck so much at cash games is because I never walk away when I am winning. I find it necessary to keep playing, and find it silly (is this the wrong mindset?) to consider walking away when the going gets good. I even made the usual announcement "I'm cashing out in 30 minutes." This is a requirement when you are winning. If you are losing for the night, you can just walk. I'm not going to go into the details of how unlucky I was getting on the usual unorthodox villian call-in's, that is just mindless boring banter that no one appreciates.
The bottom line is, I was down to my last $20, I rallied back to the tune of $130 (when my AK beat KK... ok I got lucky, but it was bad beats galore prior to that... hence, my last $20 into the pot) only to hand it all back in the last hour of play. I am good. I just can't seem to figure out how to walk away. I get sucked into playing short handed at the end of the night because I've busted half the table and the last two guys who also had healthy stacks wanted to keep playing. I get caught with TPTK (it's official, I'm a cash game donkey) against a set of slow played Jacks and go home empty handed.
In the words of one of the greatest cash game players I know Mr. Fuel55... Cash games FAWKING hate me...
My revenge will be taken out on a donkerifick tournament that I plan on winning this Saturday. $40 will net me over $1500 if all goes well.
9.3.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Variance is a bitter pill. One more reason cash games are harder than tourneys.
I'm not a cash player either mate, tend to run just as good... I feel your pain. =)
Knowing when to walk away is one of the hardest parts of cash games. Do you leave when you're on a roll? Do you leave once your luck turns? Do you set an amount you're willing to drop too after being up? Sometimes the best option is just to set a time limit and walk away when it hits.
I know I've been nailed time and again because I stuck around too long. But I've also recouped days worth of losses because I tossed in my last $60.
Post a Comment