Before I get to that, I just wanted to give an update on my live tournament yesterday. 62 runners, unlimited rebuys and a whole lot of donkey's to avoid is a recipe for an early exit right? Well when you are getting NO cards, it is pretty easy to stay out of the way. Sure I got my share of winning hands early and of course I had to bluff with the hammer and show it, and steal blinds and float and all that usual good tournament strategy type stuff. Overall though, I just stuck to my game and didn't let the lack of good cards get the best of me. When we got down to 19, I basically folded to 5th place and $220. I pushed once and doubled with AK. Other than that I folded every hand. I was completely card dead. But I'll take it considering it was only a $80 total investment. The best hand I had all day was pocket 9's (yes that was my highest pocket pair all night) and I pushed with them on the button and didn't get a call (the donkey's can lay down over cards after all!). The guy who won basically owned everyone and was the king of suckouts. It got so bad that when he went all in, a guy on the button (who was second in chips at the time) agonized for 5 minutes before finally calling with his pocket kings with a board of 3-Q-6. He called and said, "I know you have a Queen, and I just feel like you are going to suck out again..." sure enough the chip leader flips over KQo and the Queen on the turn sends him packing... it was extremely erie to say the least. Take that scenario, and vary it about 5 more times over the next hour, and I fold my way into a nice profit.
However, that was not the best part of my weekend. This was:
I finally have an online win that I can be proud of. Actually, at this moment, I am still in shock that I actually pulled it off. This win has finally confirmed that hard work DOES pay off. The top three players won ipods (Congrats to mclarich for third and lillian2611 for a great heads up match). So I have my choice of a 30gb ipod video, or the cash... since I already have a 4gb Nano, I opted for the cash via Full Tilt.
Thanks go out to Mike for hosting a great event. You can also visit him here.
My next goal is to qualify for the $300 St. Patrick's day via a $75 satellite this Friday.
Have a good week everyone.

8 comments:
Excellent win today. Hitting that set vs Waffles really gave you the kind of stack you want at that stage of the tourney.
Great job. A well-deserved victory.
btw - Can I have the password? Please? C'mon ...
Nothing like being stalked by a pathetic password whore!
I hate you!
Congrats on the win
Way to go Schaubs!
I watched the whole thing and you played it perfect.
I wanted to be Waffles protege but now I want you as my mentor.
Teach me your ways, oh wise one!
Nice work! Beware RiverRock.
Congrats on the victory man. Hell of a comeback. Of course, it helps when you turn the nut flush and triple up...but that's poker I guess.
We'll have to do this final table stuff again sometime.
Well played.Glad you made good use of my chips!
Congrats on your victory.
Post a Comment