I need some keeper advice. Below is my FF team as it ended in early 2007. I must keep 7 players (including defense if I so choose) and I can keep an optional 8th player if he is a rookie in 06/07 and was not in the top 10 in his position.
For me, that is Lendale White. He's no slouch, but I am not sure if I can justify keeping him as it would result in having to give up my third round pick. Not to mention the fact that, well, he sucks. He's just got no heart and no will.
The other factor, is expansion. Our league expanded to 14 teams this year and we will therefore have an expansion draft prior to the free agent draft. There will only be the 2 new teams in the expansion draft and they will be entitled to draft from the pool of "dropped players" that we choose to leave behind. Note that they can not take any new rookies as part of their initial 7 picks.
The two expansion teams have also received the 2nd and 3rd pick of each of the subsequent rounds after expansion (i.e. - the free agent draft). Giving them a shot at a decent rookie... but not the best available (such as Calvin Johnson). So Calvin goes first (I know this already as it is Thorndog's pick) and so on.
I have 7th pick.
Here is my current roster as it stands. I need to keep 7 for sure, and like I said, I can always keep Lendale White in my rookie slot (although I've pretty much decided that I am going to drop him unless someone here can convince me otherwise - by Monday).
Philip Rivers
Larry Johnson
Tony Gonzalez
Hines Ward
Reggie Wayne
Robbie Gould
Bears Team Defense
Chad Pennington
JP Losman
Lendale White (rookie, and did not finish in the top 10 in RB last year)
Ronnie Brown
Marty Booker
Mike Furrey
Heath Miller
So.... oh wise readers, who do you keep? Keep in mind I will have 7th pick in the free agent draft. However, 14 additional players will be drafted prior to that, so effectively I have the 21st pick.
I think it's pretty straight forward as far as the top 6. Let me know your thoughts as I am struggling with my final strategy.
I obviously need depth at RB and WR. However I'm pretty confident.
Having 7th pick on the rookies almost makes me want to take Chicago Defense again if there are no decent rookies in Round 1.
----
EDIT!
I just came up with a new scenario!! Philip Rivers is also a rookie and finished 11th in scoring!
In my original plan I had decided to just keep him in my original 7...
Therefore, I could actually keep Rivers in the rookie slot and I would still be able to keep the Bears defense, along with my kicker... and of course, drop Lendale!!!
I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, it's like it just hit me out of nowhere. I love it when that happens! I also just noticed I am using a lot of exclamation points right now!
Anyway, this is quite a breakthrough and I am sure there are a few of you who have given up reading by now, which is totally fine. If you're still here... thanks!!!!
Time to run some new scenario's!
I guess the question is: would I benefit from keeping the bears defense?
(in which I would have to give up a third round pick for... where I believe the Bears and maybe even the Ravens might be gone by then).
I just think that if I can shore up both the K and Defense positions prior to the draft it will give me a lot more flexibilty in drafting my bench and bye week subs.
Anyway, thanks for listenening. It might make more sense in the morning... or it might just put a little more pressure on me to make the right decision.
I need advice, so feel free to speak your mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You need another RB bad! Ronnie Brown might not even be a starter this year!
Keep the Bears D, ie keep 8. No brainer. 3rd rd pick based on the keepers and such will be the equivalent of much later, which at that point, Bears D is probably a nice value pick. And btw, I agree with Chad. Your RBs are suspect at best.
You're keeping your kicker??? Why?
Hell, I'd keep Lendale over your freaking kicker.
I can elect to start only one RB and instead start 3 WR's.
I also forgot to mention that I traded Jamal Lewis at the end of last season for Tony Gonzalez... before he went to the Browns. In hindsight I am not sure if I would do it again, but whatever... that might help explain my lack of depth at RB.
So yeah I sure do need another RB, probably 2. I hope I can find a gem like Maurice JD or Willy P.
Robbie Gould was the best FF kicker in the league and I believe strongly that he will be again this year. The Bears struggle in the Red Zone... it seems like a no brainer.
Lendale is garbage and will be in a committee type of a role with limited carries. I can draft better.
Oh yeah, each time you add or drop it costs $1 each way.
Keep those opinions coming! Much appreciated.
Football blows.
Keep the bears D, there seems to be a pretty big gap between Baltimore, Chicago and the rest of the league. Also, do special teams factor into the Defense in your league? That'd be something to consider.
FOOTBALL!
Post a Comment