23.1.08

6 max update part 3... I am a Wiitard...

I bought the Nintendo Wii on Friday and boy was it ever a grind to get it. First off, the store I went to a week ago said that they had them in stock, but they weren't allowed to sell them until the scheduled release date which was last Friday. Confused and determined to get one, I decided that I would leave work that morning and line up in the zero degrees weather. The store only had 21 available for sale and they opened at 10am. I left work at 9am and got there just before 9:30. As I approached the parking lot there was already a long ass line and I was getting a bit worried that my chances of Wii happiness and joy would be crushed right then and there.

I got in the line and counted off the number of people in front of me. 11. I down graded my stress level immediately and tried to stay warm. They handed out numbers and when it was all said and done, I got number 15 (wouldn't ya know it, my favorite number!). I grabbed the extra controller, nunchuck and another game - Super Mario Galaxy. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play it yet as I away all weekend.... but I suspect that my poker play might take another back seat for a while.

Even when I do play poker, I am not two or three tabling. I am usually watching the news, eatting dinner and talking to Lola. So you can see how easy it would be for me to lose focus and donk off a buyin. I've got some bad habits I need to break if I am going to take a serious run at this six max thing.

This is just a long winded way of saying that I am a retard (Actually I like Wiitard). If I am going to play poker FOR MONEY then I need to devote my attention to the game. Plain and simple. Yes, I know I know, I sound like a broken record. But it's the truth. There is a lot of opportunity to make some money in this game, and I am letting it pass me by. I am in no rush to become the next six max expert by any means. However, I do find it frustrating when I actually sit down to play, and then I don't even take it seriously.

Anyway last night I wasn't running that well at all. The good news was that I realized this and decided to call it quits early into the session. This is something I am working on and so I guess I can take that away and look at it positively.

I am not sure what to call this one... except shitty. What a river, I knew I was beat when he raised the river, yet I called anyway. Terrible.

Table 'Rosa' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: cougrrr ($13.15 in chips)
Seat 2: Lola ($19.25 in chips)
Seat 3: cashboyII ($15.30 in chips)
Seat 4: ccrump ($20.90 in chips)
Seat 5: Havaseet ($15.30 in chips)
Seat 6: Sal Parody ($27.05 in chips)
cougrrr: posts small blind $0.10
Lola: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [2s 3s]
cashboyII: folds
ccrump: folds
Havaseet: folds
Sal Parody: folds
cougrrr: calls $0.15
Lola: checks
*** FLOP *** [7s 4d As]
cougrrr: checks
Lola: bets $0.50 (I bet my flush draw like a man)
cougrrr: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [7s 4d As] [7c]
cougrrr: checks
Lola: checks (smart man, way to slow it down a little... free card!)
*** RIVER *** [7s 4d As 7c] [5h] <--- Bingo right? wrong.
cougrrr: bets $1.50
Lola: raises $3 to $4.50 (just call you Wiitard)
cougrrr: raises $3 to $7.50
Lola: calls $3
*** SHOW DOWN ***
cougrrr: shows [6s 8s] (a straight, Four to Eight)
Lola: mucks hand
cougrrr collected $15.70 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $16.50 Rake $0.80
Board [7s 4d As 7c 5h]
Seat 1: cougrrr (small blind) showed [6s 8s] and won ($15.70) with a
straight, Four to Eight
Seat 2: Lola (big blind) mucked [2s 3s]
Seat 3: cashboyII folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: ccrump folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Havaseet folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Sal Parody (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Let me have it! I deserve it.

So the roll took a hit, but I'm not going anywhere... time to Wii it up!

Any suggestions on the next game I should buy? Obviously it's going to be some form of Guitar Hero, but I now here that there is a new one out that you can actually sing and play the drums as well... I think it's called Rockstar or something like that.

Going to the Canucks tonight (I heart free tix) so hopefully they can stop the bleeding and get a win against those lousy St. Louis Blues.

Later.

12 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Me and the kids enjoy playing Wii Play. In particular, the tank game. For the standard price of a game, $49.99, you get it plus another remote. Basically, a $10 game.

Other than that, most of my experiece is buying games for me to play with my kids. They are 4 and 8...they might not be your cup of tea.

lj said...

i'm personally not a fan of wii play, but it's def worth it for the controller, and jordan told me air hockey is pretty good. i stopped playing when i got to table tennis cause i was so disappointed in it.

i bought galaxy a couple months ago but still haven't played. let me know what you think!

have heard zelda is good. my work friend ryan says metroid is good if you're a serious gamer and mario soccer is good if you <3 sports.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/

Schaubs said...

I did buy Wii play (for the controller) but have yet to crack open the 9 games that it comes with.

I use to love that tank game for Atari!!

OhCaptain said...

If memory serves, this is pretty much the same thing as the old atari tank game. My 8 year-old and I play that one a lot. It's a quasi competition, but you also work together to defeat the tanks. Any time I can hang out with my daughter and have that much fun, it's worth it.

Ping pong sucks, I didn't like air hockey, but my wife and I like the fishing game and for some reason, my 8 year old is the grand master of cow racing.

For $10, its worth cracking open and checking them out.

I hated the Happy Feet game. My 4 year-old loves it. I tried out Cars (based on the movie), pretty standard racing game. I rented Wario Wares, that was a weird one but I could see that being a huge hit if you are in a group and drinking somewhat heavily.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I'm busy trying to be the next 6 max expert. My wii is collecting dust.

Btw, that HH is not awful. I mean it sucks but at that point, you're getting like 4:1. It's possible he's doing it with a 7. This one, really is not worth mulling it over.

lucko said...

I think I play that hand the same. Sick to flop a flush draw and gutter and have none of them as live outs BvB. Unlucky\Variance. I am with Alan, its not worth mulling it over.

Shrike said...

You were destined to lose a chunk here once you saw this flop -- nothing you can do, move on.

BamBam said...

1)The hand played itself once the flop was out. Ditto move on.

2)Racing Cow's, (yes COW's) with my nieces and nephew on the Wii while having a Scotch, just too fun for words. Cow racing....
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii !

3) I hate you for already having a round of golf in! If they put the flags in here, you still couldn't see them for the snow.

Fuel55 said...

Nyth han thir ..

lightning36 said...

I totally lucked out when I bought my Wii. I found out that the local Meijer store got some in and was able to use a 20% off coupon when I bought it! I bought a second one to sell on ebay, but ended up selling it to my daughter's friend, who had been trying to find one for weeks.

corron10 said...

Your Canucks got by last nite. Wii is awesome. Its a great system. But waiting in line in the cold is the wrong way to go. Just purchase one online. www.toysrus.com would be the first place to go.

Buddy Dank said...

Mario Strikers!!! It's a pimped out soccer game that can be played online. I'll kick your butt!!! Besides that I play Galaxy and Lego Star Wars the most.