25.1.08

6 max update part 4... almost the Wii-kend

Ahhh Friday. Sometimes the week just flies by and then boom, the weekend is here. For me, I hope it to be a fun Wii-kend for sure. I haven't cracked open Mario Galaxy just yet, but plan on doing so at some point for sure. I also plan on playing a bit of live poker on Saturday night. I'll probably just slum it up at the $1/2 table to get my feet wet and then consider moving up if I get a nice stack going. I just have to remember that it's not 6 max, its full ring!

The one thing that is starting to annoy me already about the Wii is all the training and practicing they make you do (although I guess it is with good reason). It is boring though. Hit the target (snooze), match your oddly shaped Mii into a bubble (not bad), make a bunch of useless pool shots (been there, done that) etc. All of this just so that I can play the tank game? Lola and I gave up (took a break) once we got to the billiards. I just want to play that Cow racing game and the tank game, yet I have to complete all these mundane tasks first in order to get there? So ghey.

The funny thing I noticed right off the bat is all the other Mii's that hang around and the details that are involved in these games. I am sure I haven't even seen the half of it, but it is pretty cool to be playing table tennis and see your other Mii's on the sidelines cheering you on (this is actually the only thing cool about table tennis/ping pong as the game itself actually sucks balls). Lola and I are more addicted to creating Mii's right now then anything, good times.

When I sat down after work (which is becoming a routine for me) to play for an hour before dinner I had a good feeling that I would play a bit better this time. Less distractions (play before Lola gets home) are the key.

I started off poorly (again) but I am glad the guy showed his cards on this one:

#1
Seat 1: pyimpinj ($7.15 in chips)
Seat 2: sleepup ($6.95 in chips)
Seat 3: nickham1004 ($25 in chips)
Seat 4: Lord Ezek ($25.45 in chips)
Seat 5: Lola ($24.70 in chips)
Seat 6: brickhouse78 ($20.95 in chips)
sleepup: posts small blind $0.10
nickham1004: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [8s 8h]
Lord Ezek: raises $1 to $1.25 - A rather large raise UTG could mean many things.
Lola: calls $1.25 - I call with position and set mining intentions.
brickhouse78: folds
pyimpinj: folds
sleepup: folds
nickham1004: folds
*** FLOP *** [4d Tc 2d]
Lord Ezek: bets $4 - Another over bet... this seems sneaky, and fishy all at the same time.
Lola: raises $6 to $10 - Did I raise enough here?
Lord Ezek said, "i got KK and won't drop" - I actually believe him here.
Lord Ezek: raises $14.20 to $24.20 and is all-in
Lola: folds - I'll take him out later...
pyimpinj said, "lol"
Lord Ezek collected $21.75 from pot
Lord Ezek: shows [Kd Kc] (a pair of Kings) - Thanks for showing me at least!
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $22.85 Rake $1.10
Board [4d Tc 2d]
Seat 1: pyimpinj (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: sleepup (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: nickham1004 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Lord Ezek collected ($21.75)
Seat 5: Lola folded on the Flop
Seat 6: brickhouse78 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

----
After 33 more hands I've chipped up a few more bucks. I've stay afloat by taking those posts that no one wants. I've learned that this is a key part of the game.

Time to take back what is mine:

#2
Seat 1: Wes11 ($25 in chips)
Seat 3: nickham1004 ($27.50 in chips)
Seat 4: Lord Ezek ($21.25 in chips)
Seat 5: Lola ($17.55 in chips)
Seat 6: brickhouse78 ($18.30 in chips)
Lola: posts small blind $0.10
brickhouse78: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [4c 4s]
Wes11: folds
nickham1004: folds
Lord Ezek: calls $0.25
Lola: raises $0.75 to $1
brickhouse78 said, "i heart shortstack losers" - LOL
brickhouse78: folds
Lord Ezek: calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [4d 5h 8s]
Lola: bets $1 - Bet your set fools! - maybe I could bet a bit more here...
Lord Ezek: calls $1
*** TURN *** [4d 5h 8s] [6c]
Lola: bets $2.75 - I don't like the turn, but I can't give him credit for a 7 here.
Lord Ezek: raises $2.75 to $5.50 - Min raise? I'm pushing.
Lola: raises $10.05 to $15.55 and is all-in
Lord Ezek: calls $10.05
*** RIVER *** [4d 5h 8s 6c] [Ad]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lola: shows [4c 4s] (three of a kind, Fours)
Lord Ezek: mucks hand
Lola collected $33.60 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $35.35 Rake $1.75
Board [4d 5h 8s 6c Ad]
Seat 1: Wes11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: nickham1004 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Lord Ezek (button) mucked [8c Jc] - Top pair is gold!
Seat 5: Lola (small blind) showed [4c 4s] and won ($33.60) with three
of a kind, Fours
Seat 6: brickhouse78 (big blind) folded before Flop

----

Betting with a gutterball can sometimes payoff, I know I know... I got lucky, it's -EV etc. This is something that I've got to stop doing when I haven't played a hand in a while:

#3
Seat 1: Wes11 ($24.25 in chips)
Seat 2: karlito1030 ($25 in chips)
Seat 3: nickham1004 ($24.25 in chips)
Seat 4: Lord Ezek ($13.45 in chips)
Seat 5: Lola ($33.85 in chips)
Seat 6: brickhouse78 ($19.35 in chips)
Wes11: posts small blind $0.10
karlito1030: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [4h 7h]
nickham1004: calls $0.25
Lord Ezek: folds
Lola: calls $0.25 - Ok so I limp here, I know, dumb right? If the right flop comes I can rep. an Ace...?
brickhouse78: calls $0.25
Wes11: folds
karlito1030: checks
*** FLOP *** [3h 5d Ad]
karlito1030: checks
nickham1004: checks
Lola: bets $0.50 - I thought to myself - blocking/keeping the pot small type of a bet... double bellybusters are gold...
brickhouse78: calls $0.50
karlito1030: folds
nickham1004: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [3h 5d Ad] [6c] - Yep.
nickham1004: bets $1
Lola: raises $2.25 to $3.25
brickhouse78: folds
nickham1004: calls $2.25
*** RIVER *** [3h 5d Ad 6c] [Js]
nickham1004: checks
Lola: bets $4 - I wasn't sure what to bet here, but I wanted to get paid... If I put him on an Ace, then I think I should have bet more.
nickham1004: calls $4
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lola: shows [4h 7h] (a straight, Three to Seven)
nickham1004: mucks hand
Lola collected $16.30 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $17.10 Rake $0.80
Board [3h 5d Ad 6c Js]
Seat 1: Wes11 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: karlito1030 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: nickham1004 mucked [Ah 4c]
Seat 4: Lord Ezek folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Lola showed [4h 7h] and won ($16.30) with a straight, Three
to Seven
Seat 6: brickhouse78 (button) folded on the Turn

----

15 hands later I play AQo UTG, and was happy to take the pot:

#4
Seat 1: Wes11 ($27.40 in chips)
Seat 2: karlito1030 ($26.90 in chips)
Seat 3: nickham1004 ($20.80 in chips)
Seat 4: Cinnabon06 ($25 in chips)
Seat 5: Lola ($43.45 in chips)
nickham1004: posts small blind $0.10
Cinnabon06: posts big blind $0.25
brickhouse78: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [Ah Qs]
Lola: raises $0.50 to $0.75
Wes11: folds
karlito1030: folds
nickham1004: calls $0.65
Cinnabon06: folds
*** FLOP *** [5s 6c 7c]
nickham1004: checks
Lola: checks - I can't C-bet all the time, I am learning this quickly (although I already knew it, doing it is another thing entirely).
*** TURN *** [5s 6c 7c] [Qd]
nickham1004: bets $1
Lola: raises $2.50 to $3.50
nickham1004: raises $3.50 to $7
Lola: calls $3.50 - If I push here, he calls, but I am not too sure now if my Q is good.
*** RIVER *** [5s 6c 7c Qd] [2h]
brickhouse78 is sitting out
theman8000 [observer] said, "hey buddy"
nickham1004: bets $5
Lola: calls $5 - The board isn't that scary, but a set is not out of the question here...
*** SHOW DOWN ***
nickham1004: shows [Qh Th] (a pair of Queens)
Lola: shows [Ah Qs] (a pair of Queens - Ace kicker) Top pair IS GOLD baby!
Lola collected $24.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $25.75 Rake $1.25
Board [5s 6c 7c Qd 2h]
Seat 1: Wes11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: karlito1030 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: nickham1004 (small blind) showed [Qh Th] and lost with a pair of
Queens
Seat 4: Cinnabon06 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Lola showed [Ah Qs] and won ($24.50) with a pair of Queens

----

I pretty much folded and stay afloat for the next 42 hands and cashed out up a BI. The distractions were increasing and I was getting hungry... These are the signs that I need to continue to recognize that it is time to quit and come back later.

Have a GREAT Wii-kend everyone!

Later.

**EDIT**

Go sign up for HUC6... My money is dead.

Go Congrat. LJ for another sick pay day.

2 comments:

BamBam said...

It was great to hear from you again last night Schaubs!

I just wanted to say I really like what you've been putting up here lately.
(except for the golf! heh)

jamyhawk said...

Great post!

I love the Wii. And you are right. Making the Mii's is addicting. We bought Big Brain Academy and love it. Might be a good game for you and Lola to go head to head on. I know my wife and I have some serious bragging rights battles on it.

As for poker, what I find amazing is how many people will go all in with top pair any kicker. I went out in a tournament yesterday when the flop came K high and no draws. I shove with AA and guy insta calls me with KQoff. Then he berates me for poorly playing Aces after a Q hits the river. WTF? I had him covered and he called with top pair Q kicker? He said my pot raise preflop should have been 5x so he could fold his KQ.

Anyway, keep posting. See you at the tables.