16.7.08

24 hours til Vegas, British Open

In 24 hours we will be landing in Vegas. Flying out of Bellingham again this trip ($99 each way via Allegiant) and the flight leaves at 930am. In a way it works out well because we will arrive at 12pm and it will give us time to grab our bags and make our way over to Harrahs. Hopefully our rooms are ready, if not I will be looking for an upgrade. I plan on using Jordan's $20 under the ID trick, so hopefully that works out. Penski's woman is shacking up with us, so I am going to try and get a suite with another bed or pullout. 2 chicks at the same time... yeah right eh. I don't live in swingtown...

The tough part will be dragging ourselves out of bed at some ridiculous hour tomorrow morning, jumping in the car and making our way accross the border with enough time to hit up the duty free (pack a 60 pounder of vodka into our bag) and pound a beer or two before the flight... life is good.

This will be my first trip to Vegas with Lola so maybe I will get a little action. All my other trips have been lacking in that department for obvious reasons. There's still a lot of firsts on my list of things to do in Vegas...

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to Fuel's snoring this time around. That trip will basically be the complete opposite from this one. In December, I went down there basically not knowing a single person. I mean sure I had met Fuel before and talked to some others via chat, but really... I knew no one. This time there will be 65 people from my area heading down there. On Friday (the ceremony day) we will all see each other and say our hellos but after that who knows how many I will see throughout the rest of the trip.

That's quite a difference. I'll say that I've probably only met about half of the people going so far... so I guess in a way I could compare it to the winter gathering in that when I went in December I spent a lot of time trying to guess who was who, and who belonged to what blog. It was kinda fun putting faces to writing styles. The picture you have in your mind never matches up to the real live person (such as waffles). Now I'll spend my time trying to figure out how they know the bride, or if they are on the groom's side. Poker will probably come secondary, however I do plan on playing with a couple of buddies who have expressed an interest in playing in a cheapo tourney. Any suggestions?

I plan on meeting up with the one and only Dr. Pauly on Thursday. I hope that works out. His writing has been the best stuff out there these days and to be able to meet up with him again would definitely be a highlight of this trip.

The other thing I am looking forward to doing in the weeeee hours of the morning is staying up to watch the British Open. Live! The time change makes it all possible, and when in Vegas it makes it even more possible to watch some live golf action taking place at Royal Birkdale. The problem is... there's no Tiger! So I guess people will just ditch it and watch something else? The die hards will still be glued to their PVR's trying not to miss a shot (easy, just hit rewind). I'm predicting another no namer to take this one down. Unless Phil steps up, which is unlikely. Either way, it will be jammed with action and drama down the stretch because there will be no fear of the Tiger lurking. I don't like the chances of any North American winning it, so I guess another Euro will take it down. I hear Padrig is injured so there probably won't be a back to back champ. Maybe Sergio will make it happen, maybe Adam Scott? Time will tell.

Anyway, boring stuff for most of the readers I know I know. So why does everyone keep coming back? Traffic has been on a consistent climb so I must be saying something right. Ahhh who cares, this is my space and I'll do what I want with it.... although I do sincerely appreciate you coming back again and again.

So as my bloglines continue to pile up with unread blogs, I'll be trying to stay inside as much as possible in Vegas. 110+ weather makes for a perfect reason to sit at the poker table for a few 2 hour (max) sessions and hopefully win someone poor unsuspecting soul's bankroll.

Have a good week everyone.

6 comments:

Astin said...

Wait... they still go ahead with these golf games with Tiger out? Wow, that's ballsy of them.

I'd better stop knocking Tiger and golf, or you're gonna start not liking me :)

Have a blast in Vegas... make Lola proud with some big wins!

Astin said...

Oh... and Fuel doesn't put out? Bad beat.

Fuel55 said...

It doesn't matter how many people you think you know are going - you'll still be an outcast.

Unknown said...

Booooooooooooooooooooooooom!

There is a tournament EVEN if tiger doesn't show up, noone will care , but there will be a tourney



IT
Now blogging at instanttragedy.com

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

You know what's weird... somehow, your blog was dropped from my bloglines without my knowing... Weird...

BamBam said...

You called me "people."

Now that's just downright mean!

I'll take Mikey any day on that course, it suits his game.

Have a great trip.