4.11.08

I play at FantansySportsLive.com

It's been a frustrating adventure this year at FSL... until I went back to my roots - Hockey.

I haven't cashed once this year in Football and my bankroll over at FSL was suffering big time. So much so that I was down to my last $11 buyin and only had about 7 bucks left in my account. I needed to make enough to play in the following week so I decided to take on FSL Hockey and grind out a few bucks to finance my Fantasy Football quest.

Well it's been a pretty good week and my bankroll is now back up over $50 in one 4 day session.

There are a lot of regulars that play these hockey ones, but none of them seem to win at hockey like they do at Football, Nascar, or even Baseball... which gives me even better odds of winning.

If you know anything at all about Fantasy Hockey then you should be able to make money at these things consistently. I've basically got two strategies for these. The first one is the "all my eggs in one basket"strategy where I try to pick one or two games and just load up on the players I know will do well. Of course, that is the tricky part. The second is the "don't pick my favorite teams cuz I'll jinx them" strategy. This one is often tough. For example Luongo had a shutout last night... but I took another goalie even though I knew Luongo would have a great night... I still managed to finish in a tie for second with Buffalo66.

Anyway, boring stuff for sure.

But here is how my Sunday went:

Heads up win against an unknown

Heads up win against a very well known

Buffalo66 is a Fantasy machine. How he plays over 50 contests on a Sunday seems crazy to me.

2nd place ouch

First place in a 6 max

So the key is winning is picking your goalie first. You want to make sure you have the right goalie in place as points for a win (essential) and a shutout are huge. After that you want to try and pick up as many studs with a "plus/minus" in the plus side of things.

Needless to say I have found a new passion for FSL. If I can't win any money in Football, then I might as well keep pouncing on the Hockey donks. I always seem to pick the toughest tables in the FSL football and it seems to have an affect on the way I make my picks... I just can't seem to get the right combination of players and the right table selection to make some cash. I'm still near the top of the Blinder's leaderboard but not making money really is starting to take its toll.

----

Poker? yeah I still play poker. I actually started playing those Pokerstars double or nothing SnG's on the weekend. I went 3 for 4 which is great for me. I also stepped into the $20 turbo variety and man it is much softer than I thought. Any blogger should be able to make money there if I am.

----

Politics? Ummmmm no. I don't talk politics. However I do love to gamble... so I wonder if there is actually a line out there on when the first attempt on Prez O's life will be? I mean seriously people, someone is going to try and assasinate him in my opinion. It's just a matter of when, not if. I really hope it doesn't happen, but I just have this feeling that some drunk redneck is going to make a big mistake and give it a try. I say he fails, I say they all fail.

I think that most of you made the right choice. Although the popular vote is closer than the electoral vote (as usual)... not sure what to make of that, but time will tell as always.

1 comment:

Buffalo66 said...

You're running white hot at fantasy pucks. Congratulations.

I'm not a fan of the eggs in one basket strategy, but it can work in certain situations as you have proven.

I'm playing a ton of contests mainly to diversify risk. It's worked well every week except this last one.