In about 5 hours people will be arriving in their costumes with booze in hand. Various appies will be spread and my newly purchased smoke machine will be in full effect. I had to google how to make "fog juice" because the stupid thing didn't come with any. The first seach I picked up had a you tube video on exactly how to make it and what to buy. I tested it last night and it worked perfectly.
I swear we have about 3 times more Halloween stuff than we do Christmas gear. Masks, wigs, makeup, costumes, lighting, fake tombstones and witches, black lights, blue lights, big spiders, little spiders, cob webs, big webs, severed arms, chains, plastic pumpkins, spider goblets, pumpkin goblets, bloody feet, more cob webs (we never seem to throw them out, but always buy more each year!) and more spiders.
My costume this year pretty much sucks. It's a throw together using various items listed above to put together an "80's rocker dude." It's pretty weak, but since we are throwing this scary bash I figured I would be spending my time and money on getting the house ready. And we did. Not much left to do, but I figure I'll sneak out of work early to get the little things done like picking up ice, vacuuming the house etc.
Of course, having the party at home means I can change my costume numerous times. I plan on changing it at least once, maybe twice throughout the night. It's fun to see people's reaction when this guy comes out of nowhere and no one can tell who he is because he is wearing a mask and some different clothes. Stupid guests... get it together.
My best costume of late was a few years back when I was Mike Weir. The only part that made it so funny was the golf ball that was stuck in my forehead. I cut one in half and used some fake skin and blood, attached it and it turned out really well. It was a Nike golf ball with the name "Tiger" written on it. Green jacket, black pants and shirt and I was done.
I hope you all have a great Halloween. Play safe.
31.10.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i think you should not use swear words in your posts titles
Post a Comment