I was catching up on a couple more episodes of the WSOP08 and Lola asked me a question as the second show was ending...
It went something like: "What's that hand called when it's 72? Hammer? Why would you play that?"
Odd, somewhat, out of nowhere type of question really, because the hammer didn't appear in any part of the show while she was watching it with me... well sort of watching it as she put together a little table we purchased today...
So I responded "Ummmmm, that's a good question actually. It's the worst hand in poker*, not sure why people play it... Oh, and it's called "THE hammer" not just "hammer""
we laughed.
Times like those remind of why I enjoy poker so much. I'm thankful for being able to play so freely, in whatever setting I so choose. Anytime.
I played a bit of cash last night. 2 tabled it after about 6 beers and some great rib roast with my closest buds. A couple of them watched as I donked off at oen table and played well at another. Netted a few bucks and had some laughs.
I might play a bit more after tonight's Canucks game. If you're not watching the NHL, you should be. It's fast paced, physical and mental all in one.
*some argue not true
12.10.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Daily fantasy hockey anyone?
Post a Comment