Well that was interesting. Something like 4,417 rebuys is a lot for a 99 person tournament... I had a blast when it first started, then handed over the laptop to my sister and another couple of buddies. They had a blast, but couldn't really grasp why everyone was pushing with every single hand.
I had to laugh at some of the folders. I mean why were you people folding after your stack grew and there was still 45 minutes left in the rebuy period? No heart I tell ya. My stack got to a high of about 70K but we saw that crash and burn over the next 2-3 hands. Meanwhile there were others with over 150K in about 15-20 minutes.
It really is a great indicator of who the luckboxes really are. ScottMc, Pvanharibo to name a couple...
Lucko was at my table and couldn't catch anything, he was at the 2,000 chip mark for almost the entire time I was there.
Yes that's right, I didn't make it to the end of the first hour.
Stupid internet.
I should have known better when I latched onto some random unsecured wireless in the area (I wasn't at home) but decided against better judgement and took the risk. I even had a 100 foot cable that I decided not to hook up.
Stupid me.
So yeah anyway we are all in for the 20th time in a row and then poof - disconnected. Well by the time I get it back up and running we got the boot... no more rebuys for you! Next!!!
Either way it was a total blast, I wasn't planning on grinding it out until the end anyway. Who in their right mind would want to play that deep and that long for hours and hours just to win $136 or whatever it turned out to be. I'm not even sure who won because when I logged in three hours later to see who won... there were still 18 people left and the big stack had over 500K with blinds of 1/2K.
Maybe they are still playing this morning?
I'm off to play in a bounty tournament tonight. Live poker baby! Real chips!
Golf this Sunday, might be my last fair weather round of the year. Gotta make some of my money back. It's Super Snowman Sunday!
Have a good one.
24.10.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I totally hear you on the "no heart" thing. Mookie, muhctim and I had no chips to collect. We had two players at our table that built up to a gazillion, then sat out. The third would only play premium and then run. Hard to make a stack 2000 at a time, when there's only three of you playing the game.
Hit'em straight !
I missed it, but looked in to see huge stacks with $100/200 blinds. lol Crazy.
Sorry your internet fizzled out. I'd like to say it was fun, I guess it was, and it certainly was different and exciting!
you played at a live game? im sure we woudl all love to hear how it went for you!
Post a Comment