12.11.08

An unimpressive Final WSOP Table

Did they just jam the final table of 9 players into a a 1.5 hour tv show? Is that what all the hype was about? It took me longer to follow it on Tao on early Sunday morning then it did to watch it on the boob tube.

Congrats to Peter Eastgate, he ran well which is mandatory. I am glad he beat hellmuth's 19 year old record as the youngest ever, it makes Eastgate's victory that much sweeter.

I'm still in shock that they jammed all this hype into a one night tv show... I really think they could have gotten more out of it if they had the time to edit it a bit more.... say... 4 extra months maybe? It will be interesting to read everyone's opinion and whether the WSOP and the Harrah's group consider it a success...

Is more to come later? Highlights? Out takes? Additional back ground stories?

I doubt it.

I enjoyed reading about it much more than I did watching it that is for sure... but maybe that is because I already knew the outcome?

2 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

You actually watched that garbage???

ESPN sucks.

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice job in the FT tourney last night.