27.12.08

FSL Follow up

Don't do this:




Ensure you give yourself enough time to make your picks... I decided to get my fix with about 7 minutes before the contest started... Well I got side tracked and distracted with a poker tournament that I was playing in and when the clock struck 4pm (eastern games get started) my teams was locked at its curent selections. The results speak for themself. Notice how I only have 5 players of the allowable 9 selected on my team? I had about 180 of the 575 point cap left to use and all of the sudden all player selections were locked and I wasn't able to complete my team.

I'm not saying I would have won, but I am pretty confident I could have come second. I'm down to my last buck on FSL. Looks like my FSL career will be in semi retirement soon...

It would be great if FSL would take it another step and allow you to still take players from games that have not actually started, and won't start for another 3 hours (the west coast games). All they would have to do is lock the players where their games have already started, and allow you to select players that are still available. FSL still has work to do, and they need to start thinking like a true fantasy league if they don't want to fall behind.

Think of it this way, when you are playing in your fantasy football league and there are Thursday games, Sunday morningm, afternoon and evening games, as well as a MNF game or two, you are typically allowed to adjust your roster before game time. As each game starts, those players are locked. However if you want to make a last minute change... that opportunity is still available.

Make sense?

I really hope FSL continues to work on their product and make improvements to stay ahead of the curve.

No comments: