Just like this guy, I too had a weekend. Didn't everyone?
Friday - Company Christmas party. Lots of food, great views, very short speeches, wine, grand prize winning, more wine, and of course, lots of laughs. Lola's number was plucked in a fundraiser draw for needy families. It was the second place prize... then two minutes later her number was plucked again and she won the big grand prize. When I went up to collect (she was shyishly shy) we gave back the second place prize so it could be redrawn. We raised $740 in raffle tickets and gave it away to those less fortunate. We all should do that more often, I feel.
Saturday - Hung over just a tad. Went to work for a few, napped a few and had a few. Then the snow started to fall... only 2-3 inches though. We didn't even consider going for a walk in it as we both knew there would be more to come. Much more tonight I hear.
Sunday - more of that work stuff and then over to an open house/christmas party where I watched football and sweated my FF semi finals in my keeper league. I won. Barely, all thanks to my opponent who is known for his historically bad coaching. It was offical on Monday, and I won by a measly 4 points.
Hard work pays off.
All the while, I was thinking of the great times that all the wonderful bloggers were having. I truly did miss out on a great time from what I've read so far. I look forward to reading many more recaps and am sure I will once again, regret not going. Next time...
----
Monday was a riot. I went to the club and played some cards. The hand of the night was one of those "whooooaaaa!!!" moments. Two guys in a blind raised pot totalling about $7-8 ($.50 chips).
The flop comes out 5-5-5.
Wow. Not too often you see that, right? So the first guy bets $5 blind. The other guy calls.
The turn is an 8. The first guy bets another blind $5, the other guy min-raises $5 blind, the first guy calls. They are still playing blind.
The river is an irrelevent card, let's call it a 10. The first guy bets $10 blind, and the other guys calls again.
The first guy flips over Q8o for the turned boat.
The second guy goes "Imagine if this card was the case 5..."
Flips over the first card and it is the last five in the deck. Sick! So crazy. Lots of laughs and donkey name calling by me obv. If either of them looked on the turn, I think they get it all in ($100 each or so), but only because they are both feeble-minded gamblers.
Good times.
17.12.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment