Bloglines has been blowing up with a bunch of posts regarding Full Tilt's latest crack version of cash games called Rush Poker. I've gotta say that after only trying it for 15 minutes last night - I love it.
It's got this non-metagame aspect to it that I find extremely desirable when I want to just pound out a few hands in the evening. If I've got 10-30 minutes to spare while I wait for Lola to finish whatever it is she wants to finish before we start up a show on the PVR, then this is where I will be from now on.
Instantly, I came up with my own strategy that seemed to work well. First off, I selected 6 max at the lowest limit. After all, I had 10 bucks and fifteen minutes to either blow it or double it... and double it I did, and then some. I walked (logged) out with $15 profit in 15 minutes and I was itchin' to play more. Having already gone 5 minutes past my self imposed deadline it was difficult to log off, only because I kept getting dealt hands so quickly and didn't want to walk away from a potential monster.
I chose 6 max because I thought it would be easier to steal the blinds with Ace-rag type of hands, and the frequency that I could do that was much higher than when sitting a table with some stat tracking nit whore (ok the whore part I just threw in there for fun). Whore. So far so good.
Flying from table to table (yes, I actually felt like I was really truly flying at some moments) made it easy to raise in position with a wider range of hands. The real money is to be made post flop IMO. If you have any clue how to play post flop positional poker you can really put the pressure on some players depending on how deep the stacks are. Bluffing and cbetting are a must if you want to take down those small raised pots uncontested. If someone pushes back and you don't have the goods - fold and move on! Raise again at your new table!
This aggression will not stand man. (anyone who can name what movie that line came from will get a virtual high five from me, dude.) There will be adjustments made and the novelty might wear off but for now I say join the fun and make some quick cash.
Strike while the iron is hot fellow poker junkies, there is new dead money to be had!
20.1.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment