11.1.10

The Triple Upgrade II

After golf I got a ride back to the IP from F-Train. Pebs, BamBam and JJOK were in the back. Somehow I scored shotgun. Score one for the tall guy. Reccess Rampage was kind enough to take my bag over to upgrade #2. The Palazzo. I had a nice pull out and RR had the other Queen bed. I had my own TV... this was no regular pull out couch. The blinds had a a remote control. There was a shower AND a tub etc etc etc I could go on. Needless to say, RR and I both benefitted from our degenerate friend Bayne being such a baller at the video poker machine a while back that he was able to snag two free nights in a saaawweeeeet suite. He's kind of a big deal.



You stay classy Bayne. You are one generous mofo.

So when we got back to the IP we all went out seperate ways to cleanup, eat, gamble etc. being lazy, I grabbed a cab over to the Venetian. I met RR in the poker room and eventually, the always gleeful LJ showed up. We decided to play poker. I think you might recall that my name is Schaubs and I suck at poker?

Once that torture was over with we went to our rooms. LJ and Bayne went off to get LJ's room booked and RR went up to the Palazzo room. RR took forever to get ready so I grabbed a cab over to the MGM at around 10ish. I met up with a whole bunch of blogger types - new and old, drunk and sober.

A buddy of mine that I've played golf with for about 20 years now was also in Vegas. He plays golf for a living and was in town for a tournament. I met him and his new gf over by the sportsbook and we talked for a while. It was fun to hang out with someone I knew from my own city. It was like old times, he was drinking and he isn't a drinker so he was buzzed and by this time so was I. I grabbed another 32 ounce beer and bought Mr. HighOnPoker a birthday drink.

At this point a lot of people were talking about the Steel Panther Experience. I had already decided that I wasn't going to take part. I hung around and didn't play any poker. Kept drinking.

Now the details get fuzzy. I remember leaving MGM with Bayne. We cabbed it back somewhere. I think the IP. Drank some more and then met up with RR. We went to some place in the V for dinner. I think there are two of the same restaurants, one in each of the Palazzo and the Venitian. I remember having steak and eggs and tweeting about it. I also drunk texted this donkey.

Twitter was a huge advantage this time around. I can't tell you how many times it helped in knowing where people were, what people were doing, winning, losing, laughing, #table16 making fun etc. I don't have an iphone but I did bring my itouch. As long as there was free wireless, I was connected.

I think we finished the night with some $15 craps. Not the best idea for this short rolled craps rookie. I spewed a bit and then called it a night.

No comments: