6.5.10

Baseball is a pain in the neck

I continued my Mookie hiatus as a result of me being needed on the ball field. In fact we showed up last night with only 8 players (we only had 2 girls). Nick and I played the outfield on our own, and we held our own quite nicely. Nick is a bomber, he jacked two HR's and the rest of our team did what they normally do which is - get on base. We took the auto out in the 9 spot but that didn't seem to slow us down as we eventually mercied the team 14-2 and we were out of there half way through the 2nd period of the Canucks game. No need to rush back though since we had a radio at the field, oh and the Canucks were down 2-0 to the shithawks already.

Back to the game though and the reason for this post title. I hit one right back at the pitcher and initially it looked like he grabbed it cleanly so I didn't give it much of a run. Then he bobbled it, and bobbled it again. Fucker. So I had to run for it and give it a go... sure enough I kick it into gear and out pops a fart. Oh, I say to myself that's extra propulsion and I kick it into a whole new gear and almost out run that bumbling bobbling idot of an opposing pitcher. Trying my best I snag my foot on first base and start to go down. Knowing I am going down everything starts to happen in slow motion. I put a hand down but somehow my front right side of my forehead hits the dirt first. Luckily the rules state we need to be wearing a helmet. So the brim of the lid gets caught on the dirt, dirt flies all over my face and into my beard. I scrape my left leg and hand on my way down.

Thankfully I didn't see any stars (which reminds me... you suck pokerstars), I was just a bit stunned and was back on my feet in no time. We only had 8 players after all and I told myself I wasn't coming out of the game. Now I sit here with a sore neck and a brusied hand. It feels like whiplash.

On my way back to the dugout I said the pitcher "this all could have been avoided if you would have just made a clean play on the ball."

4 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

I have been thinking about these "reasons" you have not shown up to the Mookie.. and I really think that you are afraid to play Josie. Bwaaawk! :)

Unknown said...

When did you start posting quality material? Like 2-3 post in a row.

Simon said...

it's definitely the pitcher's fault

Josie said...

That was a hilarious post. So well written and entertaining. Well done.