MSM = My second Math. It was terrible. I just wasn't into it. I kept getting these borderline hands in the first half hour, and I couldn't drum up the patients to throw ALL of them away. So I donked out very very early in that one. One token spent.
FTOPS ME = After noticing that Fuel had qualified for the FTOPS ME (a buyin of $535) I decided to give it a shot as well. aAccording to Fuel all you have to do is be patient. Apparantly playing ultra conservative is the way to go... just let the bad tokendonks give you their chips. 130 or so runners (his only had 33?)... well you know how that turned out. I just wasn't into it at all. Too many distractions is the best way I can sum it up. My second token spent.
---
It is frustrating when I can spend 2-3 hours on the weekend and hammer out a positive return, just to give it right back on Monday. I won 2 $26 tokens and 2 Sng's for a 100% win ratio on Saturday and Sunday. Big deal. Now all I have to show for it is about half of that. I guess that is variance though. I also managed to lose half a buyin at the $0.25/50 6 handed NL table in roughly 30 minutes. The only reason that happened though was because I was dealt Aces. UTG calls with Js6d... I raise from the button with AA to $2.25. SB & BB fold. UTG (who happens to be the big stack) calls. Flop comes J72 rainbow. he checks. I bet $3 into a $5.25 pot. He calls. The turn is a 3. He checks. I bet $7 into a $11.25 pot. He calls. The river is a 6. He checks. I check (luckily I guess). He tables the fearful J6o. I am not sure what I did wrong there. I guess I should have bet more on the flop and turn? Anyway, everyone called him a donkey for a while. Then I just left because 24 was starting. That show is unbelievable.
Tonight, it's the Canucks vs. Stars game 4. This is a huge game for the Canucks and if they can win this tonight, they will be set up to take it down by either Thursday or Saturday. Luongo has been amazing so far, and I look for many more great saves to come.
I've been invited to play in a Johnny Chan Classic satellite tournament over at the FCPC. Fuel has been trying to get me to come out to his Friday night game for a few weeks now, so I think I will give it shot. $55 could net me $65,000 if I go on a sick sick run of luck and play the best poker of my life. You just never know. I don't see why it can't happen to a guy like me. Why the fuck not.
See you at the Moooook tomorrow.
17.4.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Exactly - why the fawk not?
Schaub, I dont see anything esle you could have done on the cash hand, In fact give yourself a gold star for not losing more. At those level Top Pair is the NUTZ for most people and you couldnt have knock him off that hand with TNT. Just note him and abuse him the next time.
I have linked you up in my blog
Good Luck!
Shawn
Again... I have to agree with such notable players. Patience and timing is the winning card solution.
All my best!
Now who's watching who?
IT
Post a Comment