9.6.07

WPBT event #6 (non vegas), live cash game

Well a total of 4 players showed up for the non vegas WPBT event #6 and it finished like this:

Ddionysus (congrats!)
Kameelah
Schaubs
bdidde

It took all of about 23 minutes for the tournament to end. No deep stacks, 1500 chips and a lot of gambling. Bdidde's 10's got cracked by Ddionysus' 9's which left Bdidde with 30 chips left. I was then dealt AA on the very next hand and took down Bdidde to ensure I wasn't first out. What a great time to get aces... and that was it. I never got another hand. I eventually pushed the the almighty powerful A5o from the BB and got called by A10. GG me. Oh well. I was hoping to see a better turnout, but can understand that having it in the middle of the day on a Saturday makes it difficult for some to attend. Couple that with the fact that the LIVE version of the event is taking place in VEGAS right now supports the lack of turnout for the online event.

Recessrampage showed up to watch and actually wanted in, but couldn't find the password. I gave it to him for next time, and I appologize for not checking my yahoo in time to get it to you.
---
Last night I ended up at the River Rock. I wasn't planning on playing, just drinking. After a few coctails and some horse races, most of the crew headed home. There were three of us degenerates still mulling about so myself and Penskie decided to play some 1/2. I sat down in the BB and the guy on my right said to me "you have to post." I said "naaaa" and everyone looked at me funny. I wanted to check out the table and post when I wanted to, not when they told me to. So I sat out for the first 3-4 hands and set up my image right from the get go. I eventually posted and folded the first few hands.
Eventually, an orbit later, I was dealt K5d on my BB. Someone in MP raised it to $10, 4 callers including the cutoff, the button and the SB. The flop came down Ac-3d-2d. Remember this is the first pot of the night for me, and I have been sitting there for about 15 minutes so far. SB checks, I bet out $20. The CO raises all in for about $120. The Button raises all in for $175. The SB folds and I am stuck. My mind froze. Obviously the 4-5 coctails I had earlier were taking effect (why don't I learn). So what do I do?
I have the 2nd nut flush draw, a straight draw (although the 4d only counts once) and there are two guys that have just pushed in front of me. Surely someone has the Axd right? I mean why would anyone reraise an all in without at least an ace...? So after about 5 minutes of grinding the SB called the clock on me. I really wanted to call, but didn't want to lose my stack that quicky (insert the "you've got no balls" comment here). Needless to say, I folded. the turn is a 7d completing what would have been my winning flush and the guy that reraised the all in guy on the CO flips over.... 4d6d. Fawk! I could have been sitting pretty for the rest of the night but because of my lack of focus, lack of balls and lack of understanding of the odds, I folded like a gutless chickenshit. I continued to beat myself up as the button raked a huge pot towards him. I was frustrated and red in the face from the get go, and it showed. I really was choked. I had the odds to call (can someone please confirm that though?) but why didn't I?

Anyway, I moved on. I had to, it is the only thing you can do at the table. Move on damn it! It took me a while, but I did. And it paid. From there on in I controlled the table for the next two hours. I was pulling off monster bluffs and steals lke nobody's business. It just seemed right, easy and my confidence was high. I even showed an old man my 47h bluff to the river when he called me down with who knows what. I made one more big bet (after some nice stalling tactics) and he insta folded. The dealer chick was so happy. I tipped her, and she said that she hated that old man. He was mean and a big fat racist. 10 minutes later, he left. Weird.

Penskie was sitting accross from me in the 4 seat (I was in 9) and we got into a pot. I limped with 78c and he limped with 79d. The flop came 7-7-10. I check, the guy to my left bets $10. Penskie calls, I call. the turn is J. I check, the other guy checks and Penskie bets $25. I stop, and I raise it another $50. Other guy folds. Penskie thinks, and calls. The river is an Ace. I check and he checks and we split the pot. Good times. Good night. They split our table and instead of moving, we both cash out. I cash for the big $186 and he cashes for $180.

Man there are just so many donks out there it is nuts. Live cash is where its at. I wish all of those fellow bloggers that are in Vegas right now the best of luck at the tables. Right now there are putting faces to names, and probably pounding booze and planning their dial-a-shots to AlCanthang.
----
I'm not sure if any of you have read HighOnPoker's recent post about Chess. We've just started a couple of matches are they are a blast. If any of you are interested, check his post out, and send us a challenge. He is also trying to set up a little moeny tournament that I think would be fun. So go to Chesshere.com and register. Then look me up (Schaubs) under the player listing and send me a challenge. I have 4 games going on right now. 2 with HOP and 2 with Meanhappyguy. As far as my background on chess, well there isn't much. I have been playing for much longer than I have poker. However, ever since poker hit the scene for me about 4 years ago, I haven't played, until now. So its been a bit of a relearn for me, but its been lots of fun so far. I enjoy the strategy of it all. Much like poker, there is a lot that goes into chess. Deception is key. Faking out your opponents and thinking as far ahead of them as you can will always go a long way to ensuring long lasting success.

---
Ok well this is almost turning into an Uber, which wouldn't be my style at all. At least not yet. So I'm outtie. Going to go and check out Ocean's 13, even though I've heard it is the shits. Oh well. I am sure I will figure out something before I get into the theatre that will help my mood...

later.

3 comments:

Buddy Dank said...

Wow, i'm essentially toast in our game already due to me not knowing which one was the king and which one was the queen. Whoops.

MHG said...

Are you really on vacation until the end of July? or are you bluffing at chess?

Astin said...

12 outs twice, pot's laying 2.16:1 if I'm reading right ($155 more for you to call into a $335 pot)

You're 39% against any random Ace and any other random hand. Knowing one had 46d lowers you to 35%... or 2.85:1

So you didn't have the odds to call, but it was close.

But as I always say when it comes to stats, don't trust me, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :)