19.9.07

Ayyyy, Matey

Congrats to Jordan on his 1001st post! Coincidentally, this is my 101st post!! Yaaay me!

Anyone know what day it is today?

Well of course you do, you can tell by the title of my post right?

It's so obvious! It's "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"!

I remember running across this day last year and the year before. It always sticks out for me and I can't figure out why. A few years ago Lola dressed up like a she-pirate for Halloween... maybe that is it. Or maybe it is because I used to carry around a stuffed parrot and staple him to my shoulder when I was a little boy. Ok that is a lie. Actually maybe it is because my parents made me "walk the plank" when we lived in our old house that had a pool. Naaaa, that can't be it either. Anyway, whatever it is, I like Pirates. They are sneaky and deceptive, just like poker players.

Oh wait, maybe it is the fact that MeanHappyGuy has written a great little short story all about the pirate life? Have you read it yet? Check it out.

So to honor the day I present you the top 10 pick up lines for use on this fine day:

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.

Here's 10 for the lady reader:

10. What are YOU doing here?
9. Is that a belayin' pin in yer britches, or are ye ... (this one is never completed)
8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, "Cap'n Feathersword?"
6. That's quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I've had a twenty percent decrease in me "lice ratio!"
4. I've crushed seventeen men's skulls between me thighs!
3. C'mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
2. RAMMING SPEED!

...and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:

1. You. Pants Off. Now!

4 comments:

jamyhawk said...

Sooooo funny. You must have kids to know Cap'n Feathersword.

Did you happen to catch that Pirate reality show on CBS this summer? We were watching it but they cancelled it before we found out who won. You would have loved it, since you love pirates.

Schaubs said...

No kids yet Jamy.

But I did watch every episode of the Pirate show you are referring to... and I too wonder who won. I also read that one of the girls from that show actually committed suicide... crazy shiznit.

Jordan said...

I would commit suicide too if I was on that crappy Survivor ripoff.

Thanks for the Congrats.

I wanted to add my own pirate pick-up line: ARRRR! I can't wait to get me hands on your booty! ARRR!

Or, if you prefer: After seven years on the open seas, tis fine to come upon such an able-bodies wench as yourself. ARRRR!!!

MHG said...

Arr! Thanks for the linkage, I enjoyed the pirate show, and you can find out the winner by watching the final (few) episode(s) on CBS dot com.

I was a bit sea-prised in mine eyes at the outcome!