5.9.07

Iggy Rawks

Wow. When I logged on this morning, I initially couldn't figure out why I had so many hits without having posted something since last week. Then I realized very quickly.... IGGY!!!

If you are a regular visitor here and you are not reading GuinessandPoker you are really missing out. His blog has to be one of the first ones I read and it is always chalked full of great content and hilarious pictures, stories and news feeds. Thanks for the linkage Iggy!

If you are a new visitor via his link, then I thank you for taking the time to stop by and take a look. I've been away for a bit working on this evenings online FF draft so I haven't had a whole lot to say lately.

----
Poker - I did play in the deepstacks tourney on Friday night down at the False Creek Poker Club and didn't do a whole lot there. I played my usual hidden LAG style not having to show down many hands all night. I really only remember getting KK once and 99 twice. Other than that AQo was the nuts for everyone but me as it was the final hand that took me out. I pushed UTG (probably not the right play, but I wanted to win, not limp into third) with K10c with 5 people left and just around 10 BB's. Of course, the BB woke up with the almighty AQo and took me down. Congrats on the victory Cathy. Fuel ended up heads up with Cathy and couldn't pull off the victory. This was only hours after he won a SitnGo with Joe Hachem on Stars. Nice work Fuel! Thanks again to Simon for hosting another well run deepstacks. I'll see you in three weeks.

----
Golf - Played in a 36 hole scramble on Sunday. It was a BLAST. Unfortunately, we could not pull off the victory as some of the other teams just "had it going" that day I guess. Baggers. Not bitter one bit...

Anyway, we won a couple of nice KP (closest to the pin) prizes which seemed to soften the blow. Oh and we won a skin as well making an eagle on a par 4 for $250 for the group, so that also helped. I managed to drive the green, and my team made the putt. I love it when a team comes together.

----
Fantasy Football - well I was thinking of going into my keeper pool draft and how that turned out. However, after reading Recessrampage's thoughts about how it might work against me, I figure I'll just wait until later this week when I can recap tonight's online draft along with the one that I just did on Monday. If you recall, I had 7th pick overall and I was really trying to figure out the best strategy with regards to keeping Chicago (which I did) and dropping Robbie Gould (which I did, but kinda regret). Anyway with my first pick (7th overall) I picked up Brady Quinn which could quite possibly be the steal of the draft. I also got Adam Vinateri in the 4th round... so that worked out nicely as well. More on all that stuff later.

----

See you at the draft tonight?

Have a good day everyone, and thanks again to all the newbies for making it this far!

4 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

You're a chicken Schaubs. And a copy cat. It'll be sweet when I take down the whole thing!

Dude... Brady Quinn, steal of the draft? That was a joke right? Must be. Hilarious.

lj said...

hey alan, let's see if you're still talking smack like this once your windowlickers are sitting at the bottom of the standings.

jamyhawk said...

Kick some ass tomorrow!

lightning36 said...

You dropped Robbie Gould? The accurate kicker for a team with a quarterback unable to get into the end zone? Hope this doesn't come back to haunt.