26.11.07

Congrats Fuel You da Man!

A HUGE congrats to Fuel55 who finished in 12th place in the BC Poker Championships. I know he is a bit dissapointed that he couldn't final table the thing but he did a great job and played extremely well to make it that far. He should have a detailed post up shortly, so head on over there and give him the props he deserves. He was in a very good frame of mind the entire tournament and was continuously reciting positives thoughts and mantras as we had discussed over the few days leading up to the big dance.

I was so nervous for him that I decided not to watch most of the tournament and instead kept in contact with him via text messages from the 1/2 cash table on Saturday night. I dropped a half a buy in... no big deal though. When you get a guy to commit his stack after the flop with two over cards and then get sucked out on the river (hit his ace vs. my JJ) then what can you do...

My plan yesterday was to rail him in his quest for the $430K first prize and the TV final table... After he got knocked out at around 1am from Saturday's action I decided that I'd play golf on Sunday morning instead for the first time since I returned from Vegas in October.

No big stories here unfortunately... however I did hole out a putt from off the green of the first hole for a deuce ($10) and then chipped in on the 17th for an eagle (two) on a par four. I thought I might win a skin for that one and win another $300 (roughly) but someone else made an eagle as well and the hole was halfed. No skins, but I did make $20 for my deuces. Net loss was around $30, but the sunshine and the "fresh air" during the round made it for a great day.

I might play in the $10 rebuy tonight if my usual Monday night game doesn't get enough interest.

11 days.

No comments: