16.1.08

6 max update

How to increase your roll... 2nd pair is NOT gold:

Table 'Jilin II' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: BaLaur ($26.40 in chips)
Seat 2: bailman1 ($6.40 in chips)
Seat 3: icester ($26.10 in chips)
Seat 4: TopDawg918 ($24.70 in chips)
Seat 5: 072148 ($33 in chips)
Seat 6: Lola ($27.40 in chips)
icester: posts small blind $0.10
TopDawg918: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [Js Ks]
072148: calls $0.25
Lola: raises $0.75 to $1
BaLaur: folds
bailman1: folds
icester: calls $0.90
TopDawg918: calls $0.75
072148: calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [9s 5d Jc]
icester: checks
TopDawg918: checks
072148: bets $3.75
Lola: calls $3.75 - Maybe I should raise TP here...
icester: folds
TopDawg918: folds
*** TURN *** [9s 5d Jc] [6c]
072148: checks
Lola: checks - I think I should bet here...
*** RIVER *** [9s 5d Jc 6c] [6h]
072148: checks
Lola: bets $6.25
072148: calls $6.25 - but then maybe I don't get called here...
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lola: shows [Js Ks] (two pair, Jacks and Sixes)
072148: mucks hand
Lola collected $22.85 from pot

----
Prior to that I had this hand...

OBFV?:

Table 'Jilin II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: BaLaur ($31.80 in chips)
Seat 2: Kevin_B_13 ($13.70 in chips)
Seat 3: icester ($11.15 in chips)
Seat 4: TopDawg918 ($26.05 in chips)
Seat 5: 072148 ($11.10 in chips)
Seat 6: Lola ($23.60 in chips)
072148: posts small blind $0.10
Lola: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [8c 6c]
BaLaur: folds
Kevin_B_13: raises $0.50 to $0.75
icester: folds
TopDawg918: folds
072148: folds
Lola: calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [6h 2c 8h]
Lola: bets $0.75
Kevin_B_13: raises $1.25 to $2
Lola: raises $20.85 to $22.85 and is all-in - I think I might be learning a bit from Fuel... finally.
Kevin_B_13: calls $10.95 and is all-in - Set?
*** TURN *** [6h 2c 8h] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [6h 2c 8h 7s] [3s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lola: shows [8c 6c] (two pair, Eights and Sixes)
Kevin_B_13: mucks hand
Lola collected $26.15 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $27.50 Rake $1.35
Board [6h 2c 8h 7s 3s]
Seat 1: BaLaur folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Kevin_B_13 mucked [9h 9d] - Over pair? naaaaaat.
Seat 6: Lola (big blind) showed [8c 6c] and won ($26.15) with two
pair, Eights and Sixes

----
This happened at the end of my session - it's been a while:

Table 'Jilin II' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: BaLaur ($24.05 in chips)
Seat 2: Deveeq ($25 in chips)
Seat 3: icester ($12.60 in chips)
Seat 4: TopDawg918 ($22.40 in chips)
Seat 5: 072148 ($51.45 in chips)
Seat 6: Lola ($47.35 in chips)
Lola: posts small blind $0.10
BaLaur: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [4s 5s]
Deveeq: folds
icester: folds
TopDawg918: folds
072148: raises $0.50 to $0.75
Lola: calls $0.65
BaLaur: folds
*** FLOP *** [3s 2s Jh]
Lola: bets $0.50
072148: raises $1.50 to $2
Lola: calls $1.50
*** TURN *** [3s 2s Jh] [9d]
Lola: checks - I don't think he calls here if I bet anyway...
072148: checks
*** RIVER *** [3s 2s Jh 9d] [6s]
Lola: bets $2
072148: folds
Lola collected $5.50 from pot
Lola: shows [4s 5s] (a straight flush, Deuce to Six) - woo hoo, my first one in a while...

So at this point I have nearly tripled my original "challenge roll" and then I decide to pop in there for 30 minutes last night and this happens about 15 hands in (admittedly I was distracted and had already dropped about $10 in 10 minutes):

The BB cooler...

Table 'Geographos' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: LaRoUcH3 ($7.85 in chips)
Seat 2: ultimateboy ($24.75 in chips)
Seat 3: papa400 ($16.60 in chips)
Seat 4: Bertdaman ($14.05 in chips)
Seat 5: Lola ($15.20 in chips)
Seat 6: krnlsanders ($7.40 in chips)
Bertdaman: posts small blind $0.10
Lola: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [Qs Qc]
krnlsanders: folds
LaRoUcH3: folds
ultimateboy: raises $0.75 to $1
papa400: calls $1
Bertdaman: folds
Lola: raises $1.75 to $2.75
ultimateboy: raises $22 to $24.75 and is all-in
papa400: folds
Lola: calls $12.45 and is all-in - I am still not (will I ever be?) good enough to lay this down...
*** FLOP *** [8c Jc Js]
*** TURN *** [8c Jc Js] [3h]
*** RIVER *** [8c Jc Js 3h] [5d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lola: shows [Qs Qc] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)
ultimateboy: shows [Kc Kd] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) ultimateboy collected $29.95 from pot

So far it's been pretty fun, yet frustrating. I'd like to move up levels, but this type of hand above is bound to happen once in a while. I just hope I get better and am able to avoid these situations from time to time.

Sticking with my BRM promise to myself, I'll be moving back down a level for a little while (hopefully a very short while).

5 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Laying down QQ+ in the blind v blind battle in 6 max I think is too weak. Nothing you can do, IMO.

1st hand, you probably should bet the turn. It's quite possible you still get a call. But not grossly bad either.

lucko said...

My thoughts on the hands:

Hand 1:

Preflop: I would raise slightly more. There are 4 people behind and you want to discourage action and see this flop heads-up in position on the limper. I make it like $1.25, small difference, but I think it matters.

Flop: Calling is fine, raising is also fine. You should be mixing both plays in in these spots.

Turn\River: Way too many draws to give a free card, plus I think you can get value from a decent amount of second best hands. I would rather bet turn and check behind on the river than your line.

Hand 2: Calling oop with 8 high in a heads-up pot vs a shorty isn't going to be a winning poker long term.

Hand 3: See hand 2 note. I probably reraise this preflop. I definitely 3 bet this flop. The only reason to lead at this board is to hope to get raised so you can get more money in on the flop when your equity is high.

Hand 4: If you never fold QQ heads-up at .10-.25 for one BI, you won't be making a big mistake. Unless its against known player, I wouldn't stress to much over folding QQ.

Buddy Dank said...

Lola?

Shrike said...

Schaubs' better half IIRC.

kurokitty said...

Very nice ('cept the QQ cooler)...In hands 2 and 3 I wouldn't be the first one to call a raise with those holdings. But in the third hand, you have a ton of outs with your oesfd, so I'd typically want to get more money in the pot on the flop...