3.3.08

Aces cracked by Scott Fischman

If it wasn't for hitting my two outter (KK vs. AA vs JJ - ScottMc) on the river againsts LJ's Aces I wouldn't have made it to the final table. However, once I got past the money bubble and past the final table bubble I really felt good (and lucky) about my game and my chances of taking down event number one actually seemed within reach. My luck ended abruptly when Fischlucksackman called my "standard Hoy preflop raise" which I have recently incorporated and is working like a charm.

Blinds are 1500/3000 with antes of about 300. I raise it to 10,600 from UTG+1 (no respect!)

He flat calls from the button.

I bet out 25,000 into a 28,000ish pot. Well I make a "this is a c-bet" type of bet on the flop and he pushes. I made that 25K bet because I thought I would push this "pro" off of any sort of straight drawing hand... nope. I actually thought he might have 10-J sooted before I made the instacall. My luck ran out I guess. Stupid pros. Who's next? I guess Ivy or the Mouth will show up tonight...

I had a blast, and actually jumped out of my chair when I hit that two outter against LJ. Very lucky. What a great turnout!





If I win that hand I cripple him and put myself in great shape to take down event #1. Oh... what could have been...

I also blame Instant Tragedy for taking drafting me in his last longest bet with ScottMc.

See you tonight?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone knows that 67s is the best hand against AA.

lightning36 said...

Hell of a run, Schaubs. Good job!

Julius_Goat said...

That was the hand of the tournament Schaubs. You got in with the best of it, and that is not all you can hope for.

You can also hope for it to hold up. I hated it for you, buddy. Way to take a beat with good grace.

Pauly said...

That was so ugly...

BamBam said...

Schaubs bud, GREAT RUN !

From what I hear, Fischman was chanelling his inner button-masher because he had had a bad day.

Nice to see that he can bring down so many others with him.

In all seriousness, good job man!

Shrike said...

That was a good way to get busted out. Really. You got it all in with the best of it.

Best of luck taking down a BB3 event in the series, and the final table $$$ is a nice ancillary benefit.