Let's go back a few days. Friday started out with a few beers and the Donkament. There were only 13 players, however that didn't stop TwoBlackAces from donating about $100 to the cause. He was all in 8/9 times per orbit for the first hour. It was nuts. My bud Willy was in town from San Fran and he was heading over shortly. My plan was to get a big chip lead in the first hour, sit out the second hour and then play the rest of the tournament while we drank our faces off. Once that was over, we were going to head to the casino for some 1/2 donkey time. It seemed to be the theme of the night.
Willy played for me for a while. He is actually the guy that gave me my first poker book. He's a good player and still plays, but not as much as the average blogger. I ended up getting HU with BuddyDank. It was a great time, as we continuously called each other the usual names. He was my bitch, I was his, yadda yadda. I don't have any HH's, the one big hand that took place was a bit of a set up. I limped with pocket 10's, he raised. I called. The flop came 10-7-4. He bet. I called. We got it all in on the turn. He had.... pocket 7's. Booom.
It was a blast.
Then Willy, Lola and I went over to the nearby casino and goofed around in their new sportsbar - Schanks. This place is massive. They've got a putting course that goes around the bar! We got onto a 1/2 table pretty quickly. I won $107 with QUAD 3's (runner runner lol) which was nice. They have a 23 high hand payout system instead of a bad beat.
Saturday I teed off at 11am with Penski and a couple of others. Actually our fourth was the new General Manager. He was my partner and was getting 11 shots, which a shit load compared to what we are used to based on playing with guys that are usually around the same handicap.
Anyway I make a NINE on the first hole (Quad bogey on a par 5). Nice partner eh! I hit four trees on four individual shots on the first hole alone (no warm up stinks). It was pretty gross. From there I made par on every hole until 12, except for 5 which was a birdie. I made a TRIPLE bogey on 13 when I hit it into the water and then three putted. Good job. So yeah, 7 over on two holes and I was 7 over for the day. Still managed to birdie the 18th to keep my "shoot under 80 every single round this year" goal alive.
More beers after the round, then the Canucks beat up the Dallas Stars and then almost gave it away in the third. After that, we watched the Manny Pacquiao fight on PPV. That was probably the most entertaining boxing match I have seen in years. Just awesome.
And of course, what would a weekend be without watching Tiger pull off something extraodinary... again! I don't think I even need to explain just how clutch this guy is week in and week out. All I know is, this is the year that we will see something great. This is the year that he will shatter all of his own records and blow everyone out of the water. Mark my words.
I've played the last two blogger tournies from someone else's house. Doing this, while drinking beer and other activities, watching hockey and whatever else there was on the PVR makes it an interesting grind. I couldn't really get anything going at all. All I know is Dwal kept raising my BB with air and was getting away with it. I just didn't have a hand to resteal with. When I did, it was the almighty J9o that took me down. Regardless of how many times I folded in a row before that, he still called. GG me.

3 comments:
What a sad life you lead.
Ok there baby factory. Have fun wipping up poop for another year!
At least I have a life... ohhhhhh burn.
Dwal took me out in 6th. with a spectacular, "I had to call there!" hand of Ace high, while I'd already two bet my mid-pair, decent kicker. Course when the chips got all in on the turn, his Ace high had to catch on the river and IGHN instead of making you proud of me for taking the damn thing down!
I am trying, 'cause I ain't jinxed.
Post a Comment