First things first. A HUGE "WAY TO GO SMOKKEE !!" for taking down the PLO skillz tourney last night to earn the 7th TOC seat of the 55 available. I just find it so ironic how Smokkee could potentially win his WSOP seat from Full Tilt when all he does is pimp and play at Bodog now. I wish I could play at Bodog... If you can, I suggest you do because their 2 table SnG for a WSOP seat is about as good as it gets... you don't even have to win a single tournament. Just fold to the points!
I haven't played a blogger tournament for a full week now. However, I plan on making it to the Mookie as usual. It's a tournament that I don't plan on missing much at all this year if I can help it. I'd like to say I'm doing everything I can to chase down that player of the month prize, but I'm not. I just don't seem to be able to commit to these tournaments. Every. Single. Night. (Almost).
So after some not so careful consideration, I have come up with my own top 25. The top 25 bloggers who I think will eventually win a TOC seat at some point before this is over. So here we go in no particular order (sorry no linkage):
1. Hoy - there is no way this guy can't win one of these sooner or later. He is on fire.
2. Bayne - his luckbox skills will activate sooner or later
3. Fuel55 - this one I am not sure of, he might get one outtered right before HU. He's yet to even earn a single point... but he is the type of player to either win it or gigli all series long.
4. Cracknaces - If he can make it to a final table with a stack, he will be tough to beat.
5. CMitch - I just feel like he will win one, maybe even two.
6. Recess Rampage - sooner or later this donk has to get lucky...
7. LJ - her game is coming along fast and furiously and should all the pieces fall into place at the right time it will be a breeze.
8. AlCan'tHang - so close last week, if he drinks enough, he could win one and not even remember playing.
9. Astin - same as Bayne - he just needs Aces about 6 times at the final table.
10. Miami Don - if he shows up as much as I do, then I am not sure if the planets will align. It'd be nice if he won his own tourney to get in though.
11. PokahDave - I think he has a new FT account? not sure. If not, get on it!
12. Lightning36 - If he doesn't get sucked out on at the final table bubble, look out!
13. Kuro Kitty - just a hunch.
14. ScottMc - even if someone doesn't back him, he'll be playing with no fear at all.
15. BuddyDank - just because he is a lucky dooosh bag.
16. GCox - If he sticks to his game, he is very tough.
17. Julius Goat - I never said you couldn't win with your writting skills... and this guy is the cream of the crop.
18. Blinders - if his wife let's him play.
19. JoeSpeaker - I can't see how he won't win one of these sooner or later.
20. Drizz - I see him winning one of the non NL games, but that is not to discount his NL game, it's just as good if not better.
21. HighOnPoker - Again, he's gotta show up more than once a week. I should take that advice.
22. Jamyhawk - as long as he can lay down AK when it's time...
23. Riggstad - another hunch. Boooooom.
24. Surflexus - I said he was the Tiger Woods of the Mookie... I just wonder if he will be able to pull it off when it counts!
25. Mookie! - I mean seriously, he's gotta win sooner or later, and why not his own tournament? That would bring me 5 big ones from Tragedy if that was the case.
Wow that went quick! I thought 25 would be tough, but now I think I'll have to list 5 more honorable mentions:
The Rooster - non NL is my guess.
Katitude - why the hell not!
JustanotherDonkey - he won the mookie a little while back. Now it's time for the big show.
Waffles - I really should include him in the above list, but it's too late. I still think he can win one soon though. Do it.
RaisingCayne - in the points 3 times, money twice. You just never know.
Keep in mind I have not factored in how many tournaments each will play in. I am just pulling these names from the top of my head and really wrote this post in a matter of minutes, ok 20... (although its something I have been thinking about for a week or so now). The players that I listed above are the ones that I think have the game, have the track record and have the skills to win something somewhere at somepoint.
It's just a matter of when... luck will obviously be a big factor, so timing is really everything.
If I haven't mentioned your name above then you take it one of two ways. Either I just don't think you'll ever win a TOC seat (prove me wrong), or I intentionally left your name off the list because I didn't want to jinx you (Bammmmmmm)! I think the latter is a good excuse for you to just step up to the plate and win one of these things.
Notice that I have left plenty of room for the luckbox donks to come out of the woodwork and take one down. There will be at least 20 people (like "hotpants", "hellroy" or gadzooks64) that will earn their seats that I know nothing about. I can guarantee that. I didn't mention any of Lucko's "gbif's" as I am sure they will take a seat or two (Loretta8 for example).
I also think that Summer_Babe (the blogfather), Dr. Pauly and Change100 have a good chance too... if they found the time.
That is the problem when I was trying to make this list. Should I list some of the old crew that might not show up much? Or list a few of the new crew like Corron10 (already won) who have already made a splash in the top 15 on the TLB.
It looks like TwoBlackAces is leading the way for the player of the month. It's a close race though so make sure you get your ass out there, and often. There's only 11 events left in March...
Do it and good luck.
12.3.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Bump riggs and put me in there. he will never win.
Thanks for your vote of confidence. It's been so hard to find time to play with my hectic travel schedule. I've even had to skip one of my events.
Thanks for the anti-jinx. I might actually be the only one that truly appreciates it.
And trust me I'm trying! Played in three, points in three, ITM in one and the best hand I've won with at showdown was a set of 6's.
Gladly take better cards to achieve the dream. ;o)
It has to end sometime.... right?
RIGHT ????
you forgot me. you will suffer the consequences of being a retard
Well, I made your list and Chad's and almost pulled it off in the Mookie last night.
Hope to be battling you at the final table in Riverchasers tonight.
Awwww. Thanks for the propz! You forgot to mention yourself!!
I'm not back yet but I probably will be next week. I had to recover from the RE gauntlet....
I can't beleive I made the list concidering I have only entered three events so far, and the wifey pulled the plug on my only deep run (this weeks skills with 9 remaining). Kind of hard to win when I am not even allowed to play the final table on the rare chance that I get there. LOL
Post a Comment