24.3.08

Back to back Donakaments, Blogger weekend domination

** edit** I just got through some of the blogs and realized what a crazy weekend of cashes took place. Go check out LJ, Smokkee and Bayne for the real money stories!**



The masses said it couldn't be done...well, just call me the back to back donkey slayer:



In all seriousness, I am pretty happy with the way I played the final table. I used a completely different strategy i nthe early goings this week. Last week I played a full first hour trying to accumulate chips early and often so that I could have a massive stack heading into the 2nd hour and sit out. This time I had people over and planned to not play a single hand for the first half hour (all I missed out on was one pocket pair). I didn't get much going at all during the last half hour but I kept pushing and rebuying. I finally pushed Q3o in the last hand before the add-on and won that to get a 10K starting stack (plus another 1500 for a buck) heading into hour two. From there, I just played my normal game and made it to the final table with a semi-short stack.


The one key hand that sticks out is when I had 99 in the BB and Hoy raised me UTG for the third or fourth time. Once or twice I folded, and I think I might have re-raised once. This time I elected to call. The flop came 9-6-4 with two diamonds. I checked, he led out. I pushed. He called... with pocket sixes. The ol' set over set. That didn't bust him, but he would go out shortly after that.


That set me up to make the final three, and from there we were down to two handed in a matter of minutes. Donkette pushed for a shit load of chips and I called. She had 10's and I had AQs. I won that race. Heads up, lasted about 30 minutes and in the end I just wore down Peacecorn as she admitted that she was very tired (Thanks Kat).


I call it the left coast advantage.


So my roll is now higher than ever (first time into a fourth digit) and it is primed and ready for another week of the BBT. I also won a $75 token with RecessRampage yesterday. Are you in the Big Game yet?


Of course, none of this compares to Dave's big score. Go and give him some high fives!


No Math tonight (sister's bday). There are rumours that Fuel maybe coming to BDR soon, so look forward to him ripping on anything and everyone all night long.

See you at the Mookie and make sure to hit up BDR for some laughs.

----
Golf - well golf was also a success on Saturday. I finally broke par this year for the first time, which is timely. I shot two under (70) when I finished birdie-par-birdie-birdie. If it wasn't for one putting the first 7 holes for par (two fringies) then it wouldn't have been possible. I was draining everything early on and it helped me get around the front 9 in 1 over (I missed a 3 footer on 8 for my only bogey). So close to bogey free (which is always my goal everytime I tee it up). Bogey free 33 on the back nine.


I won $41 from my various matches, so that was a nice plus and afforded numerous rounds in the lounge later that night.

6 comments:

lj said...

nice job in donkament, and congrats on 4 digits!

Fuel55 said...

Under par golf is ghey.

Katitude said...

w00t! Congrats on the donakment.

BTW, peacecorn is Gracie :-)

BamBam said...

OK... now you're really starting to piss me off! I have 3 feet of snow in the yard and you're talking about under par golf already!!!!!

*&$%$@&$*#*@*(%@ 'er.

;o)

Nice work you King of the Donkey's.

PokahDave said...

Nice win...I can't win a blogger tourney to save my life! Thanks for the shout out....I might end my self-imposed exile next week...

RaisingCayne said...

"Under par golf is ghey."

Were you able to kill off any exotic birds through your 18 holes though???

Congrats on the donkament score, and the bankroll accomplishment. Good luck keeping up the strong results!