17.6.08

Are you a believer yet? Tiger is Super Human


Do you believe now Bam Bam?
The GREATEST GOLFER EVER. He would not quit. He would not give in. There is no other athelete like him. Only Mohamed Ali deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence. Period.
Pure entertainment, everytime he tees it up.
He is as close to a Super Human that we will ever get to see.
A warrior, a grinder. Never say die.

8 comments:

kurokitty said...

Aren't we forgetting Michael Jordan?

Schaubs said...

Nope.

Jordan is/was/will ever be... the best TEAM sports guy out there. He always NEEDED the ball at crunch time.

Tiger can only be compared to those individual sports like Boxing, tennis etc.

IMO.

Astin said...

You have such a man-crush on Tiger. He's a great golfer, but "athlete"?

Swing club, walk, swing club, walk, tap ball with smaller club, repeat.

Any game that John Daly or Phil Mickelson can be competitive in doesn't qualify as athletic pursuits.

Schaubs said...

Astin...

Obviously, you are not a golfer...

Is that why the modern day PGA pro works out almost everyday, has their own personal chef and 2-3 coaches/trainers for various reasons...?

Golf is so easy, you are bang on.

Anonymous said...

Mentally he is more focused than any athlete of our time. I would compare him to Lance Armstrong in that regards.

Astin said...

Naw, it's because Tiger's so much better than the rest, they have to try and catch up. Personal chefs... sheesh.

I'm not saying golf is easy, or that Tiger isn't talented, but it's hardly the display of athleticism that boxing, cycling, track & field, tennis, or other individual sports are.

Besides, Woods is a hack. :)

Shrike said...

Where's the love for Roger Federer?

He's probably already achieved the status of best male tennis player of all time, and he's only 27. He isn't done by any means.

BamBam said...

OK son......

1) I never said anything derogatory EVER! about the robots game.

2) He is the US Open Champion, I will give him that.

3) He did not wn this US Open, Rocco lost it.

4) I don't think I've ever seen a US Open played so poorly in all the years I've watched.

5) Listen to the media... and it was the single greatest victory ever recorded in any form of sport ever.

You're a golfer, you know this to be true. There were so many double bogeys in this open, I just don't understand it. Look at #1... WTF?

You and I together could have beaten 1/2 that field, as they were playing. HELL !! As a two man scramble, I KNOW we would have won the US Open!

I'm glad your hero won, but only for you. I hope someone takes this opportunity to step up to the plate and create a little personality on the PGA tour.

FWIW... I like the Ali reference. I have to totally agree with you there.