Seriously, how good is it to be living in Boston right now? Being a sports fan all my life, I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a city that hosts the Patriots, the Red Socks AND the Celtics. They all have become champions in their respective sports and continue to put their city on the map with each world championship ring. Crazy, crazy, crazy.
I am not sure if I would do much else other than go to home games draped in Boston gear. To live in a city with that much success for such a long period of time would be such a rush. There would never be a dull moment. Preseason, postseason. There's always a reason to watch or listen to sports talk or scalp a ticket to a game at the last minute... I mean what else is there to do? Golf??
I think I'll put Boston on my list of places to visit before I croak. Fo' sho'...
...I watched Super Bad again last night, that movie cracks me up every single time.
Now if the Bruins had any sort of management at all, they still be building around Joe Thorton instead of trading him away for a bag of pucks... if you don't have the right people in place, your team will never go places. It seems like the other three franchises have got it together, so what is the deal with the Bruins?
Patriots in 09'?
Red Socks in 08'?
That would be like winning the grand slam of sports. Holding three major championship trophies in your city all at once. Think about it. If that happens, I just might make that trip sooner than later...
Congrats Boston, you sports SUPERPOWER. Super Badass.
----
It's old news now, but Tiger is done for the season. This will cost Nike (clothing and equipment), Buick (golf bag) and Gatorade (pay attention and you will see him sipping away) a combined estimated 60-80 million dollars in brand recognition just by him being on the side lines. Crazy when you think about how much they pay him and the fact that he will not be in the spotlight again until next year. I wonder if this will be reflected in sales growth... probably not, people will continue to consume regardless... it's in our nature to spend spend spend! I wonder if we will see less Nike commercials during golf now, or if they will just jam it down our throats regardless. Either way, DVR that golf from now on and skip to the good stuff because there won't be a Tiger sighting for a while.
Who's gonna take his place? Anyone want to step up and make a splash? Is this Phil's time to shine? Vijay? Goosen? I think we'll see some new faces make their mark, if only for half a year, that might just make their career...
19.6.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's just a sick sick run...that might not end soon...we are all relishing this for sure. Now if we can only get the Bruins on track to champ caliber team......LOL (never going to happen with the Jacobs as owners...see the past 35 years).
Sick Run indeed.
Hey I was wondering if I can buy some advertising on your site can you e-mail me pricing to str8flush420@hotmail.com ?
Thanks
Post a Comment