After a couple of weeks away playing and playing some more I am back. I've been trying to figure out what to write these days and it really hasn't hit me just yet. I'm sure everyone out there goes through those times where they really don't know what they want to write about next.
That's me.
I find that I am playing less and less (serious) poker these days and focusing more on outdoor activities, spending evenings with Lola and friends, and just enjoying life.
Now that the BBT3 is offically over, I'll have to agree with the masses and say that I am glad that it is finally complete. When I look back at how I did, I admit that I really didn't give it my best effort at all. I started off strong with a final table at event #1 (Don's BG) and then I only made one more final table appearance during my measly 24 attempts. I'm too lazy to figure out if I made money or not in the thing, but I do know that my total earnings were just over $400, which to me, is just fine.
It's a rather complacent way to feel at the moment. If I was really driven and passionate (read: degenerate) about poker I am sure I wouldn't be writing this right now anyway. I'd be studying HH's and continuously trying to get better at this game.
If I would've played in every event like some of the top earners in the BBT I surely would have given myself a better opportunity at a TOC seat. Congrats to Loretta and OMG in winning their seats. I am sure they will represent the blogging crew with pride. Go get some of that fat prize pool.
So where now? I know I am not quitting. I know that I want to continue to get better.
I guess I'll just keep grinding in between rounds of golf and beer. Playing and working on my game when there is time. I'll probably spend more time away from online poker for a while and concentrate on live play if and when I do play.
Golf wise things are going well. I ended up finishing 6th in the last tournament I played in. Which was enough to win myself some stuff (golf bag, hat) and win some cash in golf bets. Overall though, my game is coming along nicely. I have a couple of important rounds this week and then it is party time golf on the weekend. No "big" tournaments coming up for a couple of weeks so I'll most likely be drinking at the ball park instead of hitting the range... which is not smart so now that I type this I will make sure that I at least get out once or twice to hit some balls.
I also have another trip to Vegas coming up... we arrive the day after the final day of the WSOP.
Have a good week everyone.
8.6.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment