Golf season has officially coming to an end for me. Not that I won’t be playing over the next few months. It’s just that there isn’t much more to play for this year. All of my competition golf is done, and I don’t see myself making the trip across the border for a tri-cities tournament that I have played in the past. I’m saving that last trip for the December gathering instead.
So yeah, serious golf is done. Beers & cart golf… I can always make time for.
Now that the Bash is over, I will be talking with Bam Bam (any other volunteers?) about organizing a golf tournament/boozefest in December. It will most likely take place on the Friday to ensure it doesn’t interfere with any sort of blogger tournament that someone might organize (step up; it’s not that hard is it?). I’ll need to place a call to Don and get a course lined up as well.
Bash updates please. I assume that everyone is still in recovery and the stories will begin to trickle in as the days pass. Questions that need answering:
1. Did RecessRampage (Ken) get any action? Forced boobie shots do not count.
2. Did Al actually leave the bar at any point during the weekend?
3. Did BamBam drink anything other than scotch?
4. Did BaconMary turn down the Rooster?
5. Who is the shuffleboard champ?
6. Which team won the Bash Olympics?
I’m sure there are plenty more, but I’ll leave it at that for now.
The weekend was great, thanks for asking. It started off with a deepstacks game over at the FCPC. I played well, then sloppy, then well again, then sloppy again. My stack never really climbed to any amount that was useable. It finally got down to 5 handed (started 11) and I was still at my starting stack. I pushed ATC, they folded. I pushed again, they folded. They pushed, I folded. I finally got a hand… I pushed KK and was reshoved by Simon. He had AK. The dealer flopped over 4 community cards. Of course, the first card was an ace so I wondered if the dealer burned one. We confirmed that he had, and I was basically done. I called shenanigans, but of course I was joking.
Saturday was my final serious golf tournament of the year. It was the Zone 4 Champion of Champions tournament. This is where each club sends their four champions (mens, senior, junior & ladies) to participate in a team event. It was total gross score so we got to play the course we normally would. Not many prizes were handed out as the theme of the day was to “have fun”. I bubbled (not fun) in 3rd shooting a 73. I doubled a par 5 when I hit it out of bounds from 230 yards on my second shot. Other than that I played well and just hung in there. Putting was on, and it saved me a few times.
After the round I went into the infamous “bull pen” (aka the men’s lounge) to have a few pints with a couple of guys I knew from the home course (Marine Drive). They had poker chips sitting on the table so I wondered if a game would break out soon. I waited, and then waited some more. I finally had to ask. Sure enough they were going to play a game - $20, 100 chips, 15 minute levels. The blinds started out at 1-2. With only 5 players I knew that I could wait it out and get it in with a big hand. I managed to double up when I flopped trip kings and rivered quads. I didn’t even have to lead out once, the guy just kept betting his chips with Ace high. Good stuff. So yeah, ship that $100 win to me and I was even for the weekend again.
I went home and jumped into a $24, 90 man SnG and finished 11th. Damn it I need work on bubble play (still).
Sunday was Lola’s bday. We had two unbelievable meals. The dinner involved crab legs, jumbo prawns and scallops. All made in the comfort of her parent’s house. So good.
----
The survivor pool that Miami Don is running now has two people left in it. A big weekend of upsets shook out the remaining 14 other contestants. I fucked it up when I decided to change my pick from Buffalo to Denver at 2am on Sunday. No excuses, I really didn’t listen to my own advice. Don’t bet on divisional games! It’s so simple, yet I didn’t follow that golden rule, and it cost me.
So yeah, Miami Don needs to survive one more fish and he takes home all of our $20 bills. Nice one. I must say I am pretty impressed with his picks so far. I think almost every week he has had a pick that no one else has taken… which is great if you keep winning, and he has.
So that’s one pool I don’t have to stress about anymore. It was tough to cheer for teams I really didn’t care about. But that is the life of a fantasy football junkie...
I hope everyone survived the Bash and had a blast as expected. Trip reports please.

1 comment:
I should have enough material to put up a different BASH post every day, for the next three weeks!
Now I've just gotta' check with legal and a few of the other bloggers with cameras!
Was a blast and is a MUST make for anyone wanting to actually have fun with bloggers. Imagine 100x a Vegas get together, in .0001x the space.
YUP ! Exactly what you're thinking!
There's nothing like a night at the The Pub. Just you, the band and oh... about 598 of your closest friends!
Or how about this.....
Canadian Beer companies dream of making commercials, as good as The BASH!
and
YUP ! Exactly what you're thinking now too!
Post a Comment