Ok so yesterday I alluded to some golf news that I was waiting on. I had received an email from my club's head pro asking me if I was interested in participating in the above mentioned shoot-out... Obv. Obv. Obv! It wasn't a guarantee as they had not received confirmation that I was in. I waited and hoped, and waited some more. Well this morning when I got to work I had the following email waiting for me (as hoped):
Re: Individual Shoot-Out
Dear Competitor,
The purpose of this letter is to provide you with all of the relevant information and details to ensure that you have a memorable experience at the 2008 Volkswagen Ultimate Shoot-Out. The following information is for those who are entered into the Individual Shoot-Out.
The Individual Shoot-Out
A field of 200 amatuer golfers will be competing in this year’s Volkswagen Ultimate Shoot-Out that will see the winner drive away in a brand new Volkswagen Passat. The format of this event is simple; hit the green and you stay in, miss and you are eliminated. The last golfer standing wins!
Qualifying Time
There are three qualifying times on Thursday, September 11th.
YOU ARE IN QUALIFYING SESSION B – 11:15AM TO 1:15PM. PLEASE SHOW UP AT
LEAST ½ PRIOR TO TEE TIME.
Registration
You are already pre-registered. Simply show up at least 1/2 hour prior to your qualifying time.
Event Finals
The event finals take place on Friday, September 12th at Canada Place at 5:00pm. The VWUSO Individual Event will see 28 finalists battle it out for the new Passat! The format for the finals will be a simple “last golfer standing” competition. Similar to qualifying, each golfer will get a minimum of three shots. Those golfers hitting the green will continue to advance until we have a winner.
We are expecting a gallery of over 2000 people this year so make sure and this will surely add to the excitement and tension!
Do I even have to tell you how pumped I am? I immediately took the day off work and notified my friends and family. Obviously my first goal is to qualify for Friday's finals. I don't want to look any further ahead than that. One shot, one day at a time. Just like any other tournament.
I went to the range after work, and plan on going back tomorrow morning before I head downtown. I've got a couple of buddies that work down there that will be meeting me there, and hopefully Lola will be albe to join me as well.
Somebody pinch me now. I can't wait.
Stay tuned for an update tomorrow night...
11.9.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
congrats! have fun!
*PINCH*
Tunnel vision in full effect!
See nothing but the pin.
NOTHING BUT THE PIN !
GOOOOOOOOOOOO SHWABBLES !
Is a Passat better than a Beetle?
Post a Comment