5.3.09

Mookie Prop Bet Week 9

Congrats to both Waffles and Instant Tragedy for making the final table. The biggest congrats goes out to Bone_Daddy who took the whole thing down. Head over to Mookie's site to see the details and how it all unfolded. Waffles was the only one who made money in the prop bet. The update is located to your right.

My Mookie adventure was rather uneventful. I played tight out of necessity because the only cards I was being dealt in the first 45 minutes were weak aces and other craptastic stuff. Not a single pocket pair. I was holding my own and made a couple of standard moves when I spotted some players getting out of line or showing weakness. Then I was dealt KK in my BB. The dreaded KK which I have yet to fold preflop...

It folds to WillWonka who is on the button and he makes his standard raise 3x. He had done this before so I re-raised it 3x looking like I was re-stealing (which I had done previously). He re-reraises and I shove. I didn't even think twice and I never will in these tournaments. He flips Aces and I am left with scraps. It folds to him again and he raises again. I shove KJo, he says good luck and shows 99. I catch up, but he re-catches a 9 on the river to send me packing.

I also played in a token frenzy and folded for an hour. Then shoved JJ into AA. Sweet.

Move along, not much else to say right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WHAT? Team Captains Money doesn't count?

Booooooo

Hissssss!!