I really have no reason to write anything today, I am just putting words down here because I feel slightly obligated to keep my minimal readers in the loop as to what has gone on over the past week or so.
Ball season kicked off and we are sitting at 1-1 with a game tonight and Friday. It's all about the beer anyway.
Golf tournament this past weekend. I couldn't putt to save my life but did drain one nice 40 footer for eagle and $17 skin LOL. Shot 77-80 to finish somewhere around 15th and probably had no fewer than 6 three putts during those two rounds combined. I literally blew 2 or 3 putts past the hole a good 10-15 feet and of course missed the ones coming back. I just cound't figure it out. I should have just took my bogey lumps but for some reason tried to make hero pars and knock in long par putts, and it cost me... money! Or should I say stuff. Yeah, it cost me stuff. Like first place was a 40" sony LCD. I only lost by 12-14 shots so yeah, my game needs some serious work.
The best part of the weekend is always the horse race. The horse race is a two man team event where the teams are arranged by handicap. I was the low with an index of 1.4 and drew a guy who had never played in a horse race before with an index of 6.0. It is quite the spectical when you look out onto the first hole and see no less than 25 carts flying around chasing down their next shot. It is basically a last team standing kind of format where each team of two alternates shots until you get it in the hole. Then the next guy tees off and away you go, battling other teams and trying not to fuck up and let your partner down. Usually you drop 2-3 teams each hole until you get down to the final 4 teams. Chip offs are used to determine the losers if there are too many teams that have tied with the same score on the hole. Guys are usually pretty trashed when it gets going because they've been in the clubhouse drinking for up to 4 hours already. It is awesome.
The chip off is fun because the organizer basically chooses the toughest chip on the hole and while you hit your shot the other guys (one from each team) turn around and are not allowed to watch the others chip. Then a measurement takes place and the furthest from the hole is out, see ya, have a nice cart ride back to the clubhouse you donkey.
We never took it down (I donkey chipped it in playoff #3), but I sure did drink my face off. The girls were trashed and managed to drink 3 bottles of booze (one was a 60 ouncer) throughout the weekend. They passed out by 9pm on Saturday so Penski and I hit up the local pub which was just two doors down and we got there by walking along the beach. Good times, but we stayed too late, which surely cost me some shots 8 hours later... The deal was we would stay until we got knocked off the pool table... but being the sharks we are we rode it out until 2am and never lost a game. The pool was free and there was no money on the line, but man was it ever fun pissing off the local dudes who think they are the shit.
My playoff beard is coming along nicely with it almost showing some serious potential. Round two of the playoffs start on Thursday with the Canucks facing the Blackhawks. It's going to be a very exciting series and I can only hope that they win so I can keep growing this sucka.
That's it for now, I'm off to ball tonight so no ghey skills game for me tonight. Oh and that reminds me, I actually made my 3rd final table of the BBT. Made some much needed money but still showed some serious rust when I spewed some ridiculous amounts of chips late and I couldn't avoid getting eliminated in 5th place. Although it was fun pissing off Bayne (or Bayneby last night) with my donkey calling skills and outflopping his AK shove with my AQ SB special. I know he was just being silly and railing me pretty hard there at the end basically letting it be known that he wanted me to fail. I am fine with that, my expectations were very low to begin with and I was chalking it up to another bad bankroll decision that I continue to consistently make week in and week out. I'm still yet to reload since I started blogging though, so at least I've got that going for me...
Later.
28.4.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Babypants.
Love it.
my putting was bad the first 2 times i was out this year too. so was my drives
Post a Comment