First off - this is my 300th post! nuts.
Ok so let's recap how I did in the first round:
2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER-FINALS
No. 1 Boston Bruins vs. No. 8 Montreal Canadiens
Boston in 6 - Boston won in 4.
No. 2 Washington Capitals vs. No. 7 New York Rangers
Washington in 6 -Washington won in 7.
No. 3 New Jersey Devils vs. No. 6 Carolina Hurricanes
Carolina in 6 - Carolina won in an unbelievable game 7.
No. 4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. No. 5 Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh in 7 - Pittsburg won in 6.
2009 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER-FINALS
No. 1 San Jose Sharks vs. No. 8 Anaheim Ducks
Anaheim in 6 - Anaheim won in 6.
No. 2 Detroit Red Wings vs. No. 7 Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit in 5 - Detroit won in 4.
No. 3 Vancouver Canucks vs. No. 6 St. Louis Blues
Vancouver in 6 - Vancouver won in 4.
No. 4 Chicago Blackhawks vs. No. 5 Calgary Flames
Chicago in 5 - Chicago won in 6.
So overall I did pretty well picking the correct winner in all 8 series. Too bad I didn't lay some money on it... if I did... things would be way different because I am almost as bad as waffles when it comes to coolers of my own bets.
Stanley Cup Predictions: Pittsburgh vs. Vancouver - I will stick with this prediction.
Winner: Vancouver FTW.
Round 2 Predictions:
2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS
No. 1 Boston Bruins vs. No. 7 Carolina Huricanes
Boston in 6 - well rested and ready to go. If it goes the distance who knows what will happen as we have seen how Carolina can come back and win. Cam Ward will be the difference maker if they take it down... however Tim Thomas looks like he is the real deal, even if he is a rookie.
No. 2 Washington Capitals vs. No. 4 Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh in 5 - Sid, Malkin, Gonchar, Fleury combined with too many weak Russians (Alex the Gr8 not included) on the Capitals makes for a lopsided victory. This one will get very nasty before it is over. Ovechkin fights Crosby?
2009 WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS
No. 2 Detroit Red Wings vs. No. 8 Anaheim Ducks
Anaheim in 6 - I'm only picking this one because I don't want to see the Red Wings in the Western Finals. I am hoping for a big upset here. Maybe Osgood will get back to his shitty goaltending ways and they will choke.
No. 3 Vancouver Canucks vs. No. 4 Chicago Blackhawks
Vancouver in 6 - this is going to be a much tougher series but I think Vancouver will take them down. It's all on the Sedins and Luongo. If they play as well as they did in the first round I can't see Chicago going the distance. Add in guys like Burrows and Kessler and you've got yourself a great series in the making. Chicago is too young and lack of experience will prove to be the difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great result first round. Like your picks well 2 of them anyways. I think Washington will take Pitts and Detroit over Anaheim altho love to see Anaheim, Vancouver conference final. See my blog for my picks that I posted this morning.
Go Canucks go!!!
-PL
Sorry to say it, but the Hawks will be sending your guys home.
Hawks in six.
Post a Comment