4.6.09

5 more days off

So what do you do when you've just had five days off? Well, in my world you work two days... and then take 5 more off!!

I've tried to put down how the tournament went on Monday and Tuesday... and if you haven't guessed by now... I'm still pretty furious at myself for letting it slip away. So I doubt I will get to it anytime soon, but it has brought up some great golf memories of my past and let's just say it's not the first time I've choked and lost. The bottom line is - I will be a better player because of it. That is all I can keep telling myself... that in order to succeed, I must fail.

Just as in poker, golf is a game that takes time to learn. It takes time to know what to do in certain situations during the round. When to push for it, and when to hang back and wait for your moment to attack. I'll always be learning both, no doubt.

Anyway, I'll keep this short as I still need to get a lot done before I leave for another 5 day holiday in the hot sun of the Okanagan. Chick's ball tournament FTW! I can't really complain about going to a hotel for 4 nights with a girls ball team of 15, drinking as many beers as I can whilst sitting by the pool. Waking up the next day and playing golf and then coming back for another meating on the BBQ (yes, meating, not meeting... get it?). We even have a putting green at our hotel... can it get any better? Ok topless baseball might be better...

Good luck to all those TOC seat holders and I hope to read about a couple of winners that I actually know. People who supported and played in the TOC all season long. Someone like Al would be nice (we all want him to go don't we?), or Chad so he could take the whole mother down since I believe he has the best chance to do so. Or HeffMike, Queeny, LJ or someone else from that crew (you know who you are). Anyone but Fuel... oh no wait... he didn't get a ticket either! All I know is that I want to cheer for the next Iggy... so who's it gonna be?

Whoever it is, they will deserve it because there is some tough competition to get through... and then there are the other people who have TOC seats and still have no idea how they got them. One more lucky tournament for two people and their life could potentially change forever!

Take it down!

No comments: