There is nothing like it in sports. I dare you to compare any other playoff format that demands more respect. Think about it. You have to win 16 games in the playoffs in order be named the world's best team. In the NFL... you have to win 4, ok maybe even just 3 if you are good enough.
Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals takes place tomorrow night. The Penguins are in tough as a team has not won a game 7 as a visitor since something like 1971. Nuts. Says something about playing well during the regular season to earn that President's Trophy. It takes 82 games during season one to ensure you have home ice advantage throughout the playoffs. Unlike the MLB where they leave that to be decided by an All Star game...
I believe I actually picked Pittsburg to win the Stanley Cup so I am sticking with it... even though they will be in very tough. This should be a low scoring game and I'm actually hoping for something along the lines of triple overtime please.
That would be an unbelievable way to end a very exciting season two now wouldn't it?
I predict Malkin scores the game winner for Pittsburgh in overtime or Detroit kicks the crap out of them and confirms that they truly are a dynasty and this thing is over by the second period.
It will come down to goaltending. If Fleury can stand on his head and Osgood can be his average self we will have a battle that will last until the final shot rings off the back of the net and the lamp is lite one last time. The Cup will be hoisted in approximately 32 hours and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
11.6.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Although they are the Flyers hated rivals, I will root for Pitt because I'm still bitter at Detroit.
I am forced to root for the Pitt as well....the Reds must be stopped!!!
Post a Comment