I've been trying to get in as much golf as possible but it's just not happening as frequently as I had imagined. With the new purchase and the increased duties at home trying to get the bedroom ready as it begins its transformation into a nursery, there just doesn't seem to be as many free weekend days as there used to be.
I have a match lined up for tomorrow as I enter the quarter finals of our club match play. Hopefully that goes well. I did play a team match on Wednesday where our club pulled off a 5.5 to 3.5 point victory. It's a 6 on 6 format with each match worth 3 points.
We headed down the 9th hole and we were one down. The front 9 is worth one point, the back is worth another point and the overall is worth a third point. I blasted a drive down the right side but found the fairway bunker. It had a shallow lip so I decided to go for the green on this par 5 from about 210 yards. I pulled it a bit and the ball came to rest up against a lip of one of the green side bunkers. It was one of those shots where you don't have much green to work with and I only had one foot in the bunker as I lay my right foot up along the downslope of the hill that protected the backside of the green.
I chopped it out to about 15 feet and rolled the birdie putt in for the half. We headed out to the back nine all square and battled through the first 7 holes. We walked to the 17th one up. All we had to do was force them to make a birdie but sure enough my partner and I both hit our second shots into the water relinquishing our lead. We headed to the 18th hole tied at even. I bombed a driver down the right side and this time I would cash in. I hit my 4 iron from 209 yards to 8 feet and rolled in the putt for the eagle and more importantly - the win!
Winning never gets old. I love the pressure. As I stood over my 8 footer I said to myself "this is for the win, time to make it" and I did. If felt great to be clutch under pressure and secure that extra point for the team and the overall victory.
Our team is now 3 and 1 and we are tied for 2nd place overall in this 10 team league. We've never been to playoffs in my 12 years of participating. Now that I am running the team, if we can make it into the playoffs it will be that much sweeter.
I heart golf.
2.7.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment