I am not sure if I am telling you something you already know... but here it goes.
It's a very simple minor tip, but I find it works very well in various stages of the game for a few reasons.
Basically if there is a scenario where you thought "man I wonder what they have" then the simple way to beat the system is to let your time bank run out.
Let's say you raise in MP and then face a re-raise from the button and then the BB shoves. You are holding a decent hand, but not one you want to go to the wall with, especially early on during donkey hour.
Just let the time bank run out and sit out. You will not move tables. You will get to watch the entire hand showdown and then AFTER the pot is shipped you are moved to a new table, often times staying at the same table as one or both of the two players playing for the previous pot.
I do this a lot, not only for the reason above but also to slow myself down when the blinds are low and I want to take my time observing some of the players. I can also take the time to make any additional notes like "BB monkey shoved over a raise and a re-raise with AJo" or whatever.
Give it a try.
20.7.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I don't like that advice. I like getting a lot of hands in when it is cheap and I can speculate without killing myself.. and more donks are left so it's easier to get paid off. Cool tip about the timeout though I guess... although looking back in history works also.
I'm usually too eager to get a new hand (even though I 4 table and play on other networks at the same time) ..but it's a good tip:) even though I've only used it one time..hehe.. :D
As waffles said, you can look in the history. However, there used to be a button (been awhile since I played Rush) that says "sit out next hand." In effect, you don't need to time out your timebank and it will keep you seated at the table until the hand is over.
Thanks for the info. Amatay.
All good points guys (and girl). I don't get a decent read on a player when I go back and check the history, plus I am usually in a hand already so it is hard when it is rush poker and constantly flipping you back to the current action.
Post a Comment