Not sure if I can tie the title into this post or not. It's basically in reference to a guy that recently resigned for reasons that I am calling "completely moronic." I don't really want to get into the details here for various reason, the most important one being... legal. Why do people think that their shit don't stink? Why can't people take something negative, and turn it into an opportunity instead of pulling the shoot and bailing on the rest of us? Instead, try stepping up the plate and being a leader. Not a coward. Fucking chicken weak tights everwhere, not just the poker table...
----
So on to more important topics like Fantasy Football and Golf.
How fawking good is Tiger Woods? Completly. Totally. Undoubtedly. Amazing. A living breathing confirmed legend is alive and dominating the golf world... again. 63 on the final day is just sick. Make sure you soak it in while you can, because one day we'll be looking back at the record books and telling our grand children that we were there to witness a true legend in the game of golf. Ben, Bobby, Jack and Tiger with Gary rounding out the top 5 ever.
----
Here is how my draft went down on Wednesday night with the blogger Fantasy Football Donks:
1-7 Peyton Manning - I really struggled with this pick for about a week. Once I found out I had 7th pick I knew that I was going to be left with a tough decision that could potential affect my entire draft. I went through a few mock drafts and in the end I decided that I would take my chances and draft Peyton. After all he is a FF horse who is a safe bet and is less likely to succumb to an injury a la Brian Westbrook. Willie Parker was available and I would have taken him with my 2nd pick, except he got taken 13th overall damn it!
So I had to go with this guy instead:
2-14 Reggie Bush - not the strongest pick I must admit, and in hindsight I probably should have gone with a different approach and taken back to back WR's as I know I could have gotten two bonified studs. Oh well, I think I still did ok.
3-27 Antonio Gates - I jumped the gun here, but I figured why stop now. I was committed to taking a different strategy, and I know that all you readers out there will say this was about 2-3 rounds too early... but whatever.
4-34 Brandon Jacobs - AFI. Already fucking injured - 3 to 5 weeks! Nuff said.
Here are the rest of my picks:
5-47 Andre Johnson - not sure what to think yet, but I have seen good things so far.
6-54 Hines Ward - my go to pick.
7-67 Jamal Lewis - run damn it run!!
8-74 DeAngelo Williams - If Deshaun would just crap out, I'd love this pick a lot more.
9-87 Donte Stallworth - now that Moss is the man (1 game big deal) I am sure they'll turn to him as soon as he is injured...
10-94 Pittsburgh Steelers
11-107 Matt Schaub (Had to do it)
12-114 Devin Hester (just punch his name into youtube and you'll see why I took him).
13-127 Josh Brown
So there they are for all to criticize and mock. But before you do, just know that my team is currently leading the entire league in points this week, and managed to hold on to the victory over Hoy's Boys by 8 (119-111). This is including 2 points from Bush and 3 from Jacobs... I knew I would struggle in the RB department based on my strategy, but this is a bit ridiculous.
10.9.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I don't understand your draft setup - did you get the 7th pick each round? That seems a bit unfair - wouldn't that heavily favor the No. 1 overall pick?
I think Manning will help you offset the Jacobs injury, but if he's available, it might be worth it to pick up Chris Brown from Tennessee. He probably won't get 175 again this year, but a couple years ago, he was putting up good numbers in a starting role. If he stays healthy, I don't think 1200 yrds & 8 TDs is unrealistic. Lofty, but not unrealistic.
Otherwise, I think your team is solid. AJ will be huge this year, and Ward looks like he's a steal if Big Ben keeps up this kind of play. And of course, Gates & Bush will come around.
Let me know if you are interested in trading. Matt, it's a snake draft bro.
And btw, my shit smells like juicy fruits. :)
Post a Comment