It should be finalized by the end of the day, we leave next Friday and come back Monday night.
So I ask you, the loyal reader - what should we do?
The obvious is obvious (drinking, poker, more drinking, more poker). I'll probably spend most of Sunday watching sports in a sports book... but which one? I'll be placing some short term and long term bets for sure.
Club? I doubt it, but I am going with 3 other dudes who are single so you never know... I might just find some tournament to play in instead of sweating the wing duties that usually are expected of such a friend.
Which leads me to my next question - where should I play poker and what tournaments have the best value? I'm looking for buyins of less than $500.
Help!!
11.10.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Have fun at the Rhino. Where else would you go?
Studio 51 is banging. Good poker games at Planet Hollywood also. glglglglglglglgllgg
I think the Ceasar's Classic is on. They might have decent structures and under 500 buy-ins.
Caesars tournaments are great. You could do a Venetian one also if you wanted.
Am I to understand that you are going Oct 19-22? I am going Oct 20-25. Maybe we could donk a tourney together that Sunday evening at Caesars or Sahara ...
smilingbrownbear@netscape.net
E mail me and we can swap cell numbers.
I didn't remember much from my trip so I looked at my trip report. Here's what advice I can offer:
If you want a cheap, good meal, go to Ellis Island for the steak special ($4.95, steak, potato, vegetable, and soup or salad). It isn't on their main menu, but its advertised on their table games and its the most popular thing they got. It's in their restaurant, not the BBQ place, also located inside Ellis Island. Also, the beers are $1 microbrews (brewed on the premises...delicious!).
2. Excalibur has a good, cheap buffet. I don't know if its the best, but the price is good ($10 breakfast, $15 lunch) and the variety of food is great.
3. I really enjoyed playing poker in MGM, but I think it might have been because I won there. Still, the room is big and the players were pretty bad, so you could do a lot worse.
4. Freemont Street is okay, as is the strip club there. But really, you can do without both.
5. Avoid Roullette at all costs.
Enjoy the Rhino!!! "When in Rome..."
Can't provide much advice on poker rooms or other activities... but I hope you come back with some recommendations for my next trip!
Have a good time, and good luck!!!
Mirage has cheap SNGs. Have fun!
Have a great time in Vegas!!!
We're staying at the Mirage.
Thanks everyone, great feedback.
Keep it coming...
Looking forward to hearing about your experience!
Post a Comment