3.10.07

My first student? We'll see.

The funniest thing happened on the way home from a wine tasting event this evening. Lola and I had been invited by our realtor to come down to a "client appreciation night" in the city. Well on the way back she said "You should teach me how to play poker..."

.
.

Bingo. The funny part is, SHE is actually a teacher. Funny to me anyway.

As I paused and struggled with what my response would be, I realized that it could have just been the wine talking. However I'm going to go with my initial instinct which was "wow, hard work really does pay off." Keep pluggin' away and good things will happen. Not only in poker, but in all apsects of life.

We've been bustin' our asses getting the apartment in tip top shape for various showings that we've accomodated over the past few days. More action tomorrow.

----

Played some poker, went to the River Rock and donked off everything in one fell swoop about two hours after I had grinded out a healthy stack which was close to double my initial buy in.

Picked up Queens in the SB and a MP raise to $7 was matched by the CO and the button. I raised it to $27 total from the SB and I had two callers. The flop reads 5-Q-8 and I bet out $20 (too small?) and they both fold. I, for some reason show my set and move on. I keep forgetting not to show my stuff. Bet your sets right? Be a man right? I did. And didn't get paid. I probably could have checked that set in this instance, but decided to "stick with what I know best" and of course, it doesn't pay off. Surprisingly, the CO told me he had pocket tens after I showed the Queens. Damn it.


I could go on, but honestly my mind is elsewhere and writing up a poker analysis seems too redundant to me right now. After I bust, I seem to review where I went wrong for days on end. I don't feel the need to write it out or analyze it with words. I know that for some others, this helps. However for me, it seems tedious and frustrating. I'm sure I'll change and flip back and forth about this theory, but right now, it's just the way it is.

Poker this Friday, time to make some moves.

Are you registered for this?
Online Poker



See you there? Click on this box (above) or the link on the top right. Yeah, just scroll up a little, and there it is...

What about this?

3 comments:

lightning36 said...

I've had my old house on the market for almost three months now. Pretty soon, I'm going to be hitting up my blogger buds for help with the buy-ins for The Mookie and other blogger events.

RaisingCayne said...

Good luck playin' Poker Professor! Have patience with your pupil!!!

I've always wanted to make it up to the River Rock sometime... I'll hit you up when I'm finally able to make some plans to.

Oh, and the $20 bet into the ~$80 pot with top set, does seem a little fishy... especially after making it $27 to go pre. I would've preferred a ~$40-$50 stab here... or the check. I too am guilty of too often showin' my winning hands. There has to be a good reason for doing this, and convincing others that they made the right laydown usually isn't proper justification.

See you in the blogger freeroll!!!

Amatay said...

Hello mate. Cheers for the comments. I'll get you linked up. Can you return the fave pls.