I'm in one of those moods where I have so much to say and I don't know how to say it. I come accross some funny shit every single day that is worth writing about and each time I curse myself for not being able to put it down on the virtual paper.
It would make for a great read, and I just can't seem to pull it off. I can't really classify it as writers block, considering I'm not really... a writer. Not in the way that I want to be... yet, that is. Anway, I guess I'll just keep pluggin' away and see how it turns out.
I guess it's partially because I don't have a whole lot of time to put something down worth posting. Or when I do have a great idea or topic, I'm never around the computer. Or maybe it's because I just don't want to go there (there being more open and honest about daily life) here on this space. I've been contemplating starting up a new blog where I could be more creative and tell "stories" that were "fiction"... although they would be loosely based on real life experiences.
Part of me fears that someone I actually know, that I don't want to know, knows that I have a blog. The other part of me, fears that people will actually start reading it and want more. Then I'll feel even more obligated to write and will eventually hate myself for even starting and then letting myself (and others) down for not following through. I do admit, I really didn't think I'd make it this far. I thought to myself "ahhhh I'll never be at that blogger gathering thingy in December, I doubt I'll be blogging six months from now anyway."
Boy was I wrong.
Anyway, eight days until I set foot in Vegas for my third time in 10 years, and twice in the last two months. I have a feeling that this trip will be much different than the last two.
Maybe I'll obtain a new perspective while I am away. I can take some time to speak with people who probably suffer from the same symptoms from time to time. For now... you get what you get from this brain, it is what it is.
28.11.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
We should start a joint fictional blog about horticulture and botany. I know the feeling. I have to edit myself in case my blog gets to the wrong people. It definitely sucks.
I'm in the same boat. Especially wanting to be a teacher in middle school, with all those snoopy kids. In a way, I want more anonymity (which might be possible with a joint-blog, if you could disguise who is actually posting?).
Catch you in Vegas!
i keep hearing it and now i'm starting to believe it. next week's blonkey gathering might be the biggest. we still don't know if we're going or not. we just spent a ton of $$ in Maui and Tina's got finals coming up.
decisions, decisions.
you'll have a great time. i always have a blast everytime i've been.
For some reason I keep singing the Billy Ocean song "Get out of my dreams (and into my car)... except I keep replacing the word dreams with brain and car with blog...
Let's discuss in Vegas fellas.
Smokkee - do it.
May you have a profitable trip in Vegas!
Good day, sir.
"The other part of me, fears that people will actually start reading it and want more. Then I'll feel even more obligated to write and will eventually hate myself for even starting and then letting myself (and others) down for not following through."
Really???? WTF. Dude, you are a dude, right? It's your fawkin blog. You won't let anyone down if you make it very interesting and stop all of a sudden. You don't owe anyone anything. Except maybe me. You owe me a beer for being silly. Hopefully, the Rhino will make you a man. :)
i <3 that billy ocean song.
tonight (sunday )im hosting my weekly bloggament on full tilt , its a $20+2 Bounty Knockout tourney , password is thepokergrind and it starts at 10pm EST , i hope to see you there
Post a Comment