5.3.08

It's none of your business what other people think of you...

So here we are heading into event 4 tonight and I already see the blogger drama starting to build like a runaway snowball downhill. I really hope that people just relax and enjoy this unique ride that we are all lucky enough to be a part of. No need to stress about other bloggers hand analysezzzzz and what people are saying. I was chatting with another blogger a few nights ago and he asked me if I noticed anything different lately in the blogs. My response was: not really. At first I didn't really know what he was talking about since I had been behind in bloglines and hadn't had a chance to confirm what he was saying.

He noted that he is not seeing very much content in terms of hand analysis out there lately. His theory is it because the BBT3 started up, and thinks that people are afraid of what others will say if they post a HH (that would abviously include other bloggers and how they played) or ask for advice on what they think went wrong in the hand (whether they are in it or not). I tend to agree that there isn't much out there lately, but really it doesn't matter to me either way. Sure I like to get into a hand and go through the details and read people's comments, that is just part of the learning process. But if people don't find it necessary to get feed back from the blogs, or better yet - don't want to help others because of the fear of being wrong... well then that is their problem.

How many times have you asked a question (let's say in high school, university, or a group meeting of some sort) that you already knew the answer to, but asked anyway - just for the benefit of others?

That is how I feel about the blogs sometimes. It creates discussion. Interesting discussion and analysis. I don't think people should be afraid to post HH's because it "might give away to much information" either about the game of poker in general, or more specifically, about the writer's game. The fear of either being critizied, or allowing people to openly figure out your style of play (if you read a blog and the HH's long enough you can definitly figure out a person's style and how they play big hands etc) seems to have an effect on poker blog content.

The bottom line is, do whatever you want, play your cards however you want, and write whatever you want after (or before if you are some sort of visionary psychic). If there is backlash and negative comments, then so be it. That is a function of a good post, to encourage opinions and critical thinking.

The most important thing for me is to have fun, if I'm not having fun then what is the point! Oh and winning, winning is important... it's a self-fulfilling prophecy!

Be honest with yourself, and good things will happen.

2 comments:

BamBam said...

Not a bad read, considering it comes from a robot lover!
But that's just my opinion, of course!
I'm sure there are others out there, who would love to disect this post and break it down to it's infinate meaning. I mean, you must be either hiding something from us the reader, or there is sarcasm dripping from the text that is so blatently obvious, only the intended target will miss it.

You are so clever! I don't see anything wrong with this post. Therefore, it's clear that you hate me!

Nice! Blogger drama over, step away folks, nothing to see here!

Good to see you last night Schaubs! Sorry it was so short.

RaisingCayne said...

I think you make some good points. I know I would be hesitant to post about a HH from one of these bloggerments that openly critiqued another's play. But that's just 'cause I'm a pansy and would want to avoid any chance of open conflict. And I'm a d*ck who makes broad assumptions about people's general worthiness purely on how they may have played ONE hand of poker. I'm a bit of a hypocritical ass too though, as I have NO qualms about clowning on the anonymous invisible internet poker villain.

GG in the Mookie last night... good luck in the Riverchaser's tonight. (PLO huh!? Fun stuff.)