We lost by one run in the finals yesterday. We lost to the team we beat last year. I guess you could say the series is 1-1. Fuck was I ever annoyed though. Team sports are so much more difficult than individual sports like Golf or Bowling. I mean sure there are team versions of those sports too, but you know what I mean.
Baseball is particularily difficult if you are sitting on the sidelines. We had 12 guys signed up to play and of course we could only play 7 at a time (slow pitch rules 7 guys, 3 girls). So I actually didn't sit the entire tournament until the beginning of the finals. Go figure. I would have much rather sat earlier on, but those games were very tight and blah blah blah the coach makes all the decisions as to what is best for the team.
Anyway, we couldn't do it. We almost did it, but their ghey ass pitcher on the other team did the "strategic thing" and walked two guys (myself included) to get to the girl with 2 out. Grounder and the game is over. Smart, strategic move that everyone on our team was whinning about after and all I could say to them was "I would have done the exact same thing." followed by "we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position to begin with."
There were a shitload of errors, in fact, more than all of the first four games combined. It just wasn't meant to be who knows. Repeating is always much harder and you just need to be that much more focused to get there. We weren't and it cost us.
Other than that loss, the weekend kicked ass. I'm glad ball is over once and for all for the season now, and I can get back to the golf course more regularily and keep at it. I didn't make it to the Ironman as I predicted, and I heard the winning score was 76, which was very beatable. Whatever.
I think I'll play some poker tonight, maybe even take a stab at the LPR tournament.
Have a good week suckas.
19.8.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Girls make such a difference. One year, we had two girls who played softball at the college level and one girl who played all through high school. Needless to say, we kicked ass (these girls could really hit). In a coed league, it's always about how good the girls are (or how not bad they are).
In the league that I played , if you walk a guy the girl walks too automatically!
Good game last night.
IT
Post a Comment